Hardy plank vs stucco
Stan Stewart
I live in Orlando Florida and am looking to redesign the exterior of our house. Looking for design and durability opinions between stucco vs hardy plank
Rockin' Fine Finish
you are in stucco country most southern states of the u.s california arizona etc. all use stucco a lot im not a big fan i really like hardie it holds it paint well and can be painted plenty of times stucco can also be painted. Because i am in state that has a lot of rain stucco and dryvit fail a lot around here.
April 24, 2013 at 7:46pm   
sabrinacatlin
Hi. We are just re-surfacing our home after 15 years battle with with Hardie over cracks, water leaks, etc from using their external blue boards. Yes, they hold colour, don't need maintenance etc but have caused us much heartache. Be wary of Hardie.
April 24, 2013 at 7:59pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
@ sabrina what exactly happened to your hardie?
April 24, 2013 at 8:25pm   
kathleen MK
Yes what Happened ? we are half way through replacing wood fascia boards with HardiePlank. I was planning to use their Stucco look sheets to build a studio shed. your input could change my mind.
Architect hubby (who has designed commercial buildings in Miami) says home builders often don't get the expansion joints right. This causes cracks in stucco which is really bad in high humidity. So check your contractors' references on stucco projects. in booth cases it could be how it's applied more than the actual product failing.
Good luck finding a better solution.
April 24, 2013 at 8:46pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
Hardy has had there problems but most have been fixed making sure you follow all the specs on the hardy you shouldn't have any problems making sure all flashings caulk joints are done right.
April 24, 2013 at 8:50pm   
Help us decide please!
We are trying to pick a tile for our mud room. The...
Describe contemporary style in one (or two!) words
It's difficult pinpointing the era you live in. What...
Which rug should I use here?
1 2 3 or leave the existing one or none?
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...