sandybottom
July 27, 2011
We are building a new home with main rooms having standard hardwood flooring. The mudroom from garage is also a hallway to the guest bathroom and a guest bedroom on one side, and into great room on the other. The bedroom will function as my sewing room and occasional 2nd guest room. The plans call for hardwood in mudroom and carpet in bedroom. I’d like some other affordable ideas for these room, preferably the same treatment, that will look nice, super easy to care for, and would look okay transitioning into main rooms. I like the idea of tile (vinyl?) for mudroom, but didn’t think it would work well in bedroom.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Niki Papadopoulos
I would recommend against vinyl in the bedroom, consider the carpet or even continuing the hard woods. Hardwoods might be nice if you are sewing in there and need to clean up loose thread and scraps of fabric.

But for the mudroom you could have some fun with vinyl options. Think about a cute checkerboard pattern, maybe traditional black and white or something a little more fun like red. Another product to think about, besides just vinyl tiles are vinyl floor planks. Basically it's strips of vinyl as opposed to square tiles, you can have a lot of fun laying up a pretty herringbone pattern in a space like that. I have used that type of product from a company called Centiva, they have some really great options...
http://www.centiva.com/v2/www/Default.asp

Good Luck!
    Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 7:18AM