Cedar treatment
nickcraven
April 25, 2013 in Photo Questions
Hi, please can you tell me how you treated the cedar cladding and what stain you used to achieve the finish?
Bates Masi Architects LLC
We started with Cabot mix of Semi transparent, and semi solid slate grey. We always tweak it in the field with finish samples. This can be your starting point, but you should test finish samples with your wood material before committing.
May 3, 2013 at 6:55am   
nickcraven
Many thanks for getting back to me, it is much appreciated.
May 3, 2013 at 7:27am   
hpayne120
I love the treatment on the cedar as well! Beautiful. I just want to confirm that you used slate grey versus dark slate -- can you please confirm the stain color?

Also, when you say that you mixed the semi and solid stains -- did you have them color the stains and then just mixed 50/50 in the field? I really want to recreate this look on our cedar fence we are having built.

Really wonderful work!
May 22, 2013 at 9:55am   
Bates Masi Architects LLC
What stated above is exactly what is listed in our drawings. I believe they mix in the field. There may have been adjustments in the field, so I cannot confirm 100%. The best thing to do is get your species of wood and do finish samples until you are happy with the outcome. If you are using different wood species, it may look different.
May 23, 2013 at 6:38am   
hpayne120
You guys are terrific -- thank you so much for responding. I absolutely love all of your work -- wish I could afford to use you!
May 23, 2013 at 7:01am     
Kitchen design
Any concerns or comments? Thanks...
Can't decide on a backsplash with a busy granite
I have a busy granite ( Mokoro ) ( geriba ) Is a busy...
Help finish this TV Media room
I cannot seem to finish this TV media room, looking...
Kitchen backsplash horror
Not happy with how this backsplash turned out so much....