What color would you repaint this house?
whit512
What color would you repaint the exterior of this house? It needs a new roof (currently dirty white tile) so it would be a good time to create a new color scheme. We love the brick entryway and classic overall look.
Drive through you neighborhood and see what is going on with similar homes. That might jump start a direction for you.
April 25, 2013 at 4:14pm   
Engrav's Decorating
What part of the country are you in? Florida? Do you have any colors in mind?
April 25, 2013 at 5:15pm   
Engrav's Decorating
Do you have any houses close to you and if so what color are they?
April 25, 2013 at 5:16pm   
whit512
Its a small dead-end street with only 3 other houses nearby. One is totally rundown, the other is a light green bungalow. Not sure about the other one. We'd love the look of a metal roof but was told it might "ruin" the look of this style home.
April 25, 2013 at 5:30pm   
Lkristine
I agree that a metal roof might ruin it a bit. Here is a visual with a new roof that draws in the brick entryway.
April 25, 2013 at 5:42pm     
Dark terracotta S tile roof - you can get concrete tile instead of the expensive clay with boosts. Get a color mix with some deep tones and some pale tones - either red or terracotta. This is a meditteranean classic / hollywood traditional home. Then your exterior wants to be like sw caen stone - off-white creamy or pale taupe with warm undertone.
April 25, 2013 at 5:46pm     
Engrav's Decorating
Your home is beautiful and has a flavor of southeast or southwest. The picture attached is for you to see color only.
I think by using the light and dark on your home would give interest and add a reddish brown roof. I think these colors with your lush green landscape would be beautiful. Did you have any colors in mind?
April 25, 2013 at 5:51pm     
whit512
I generally don't care for terracotta colors. I like traditional colonials typical of historical northeast US in general but obviously this home is not that. Bungalows in earth tones with tones of white trim are whats nearby on other streets. I wonder what it would look like in grey/taupe colors. Other ideas? We love the brick and it tends to look more traditional red than in this pic. Thanks Lkristine for the image! That's awesome and helps so much to see other colors.
April 25, 2013 at 5:59pm     
Interior Style Solutions
How about dark blue or warm grey and white?
April 25, 2013 at 6:04pm   
Lkristine
Gray roof, taupe color for the house? I still had this in the paint app, so I switched it out......
April 25, 2013 at 6:07pm     
Engrav's Decorating
That was VERY helpful to know what you don't like. Here is an idea along the lines of what you said you like. It is halfway between taupe and beige and some people use the term greige.
I love the roof with the house color and contrasting shutters.
Is this more of what you were thinking?
April 25, 2013 at 6:13pm   
Engrav's Decorating
Sorry, forgot to add the picture
April 25, 2013 at 6:13pm     
Engrav's Decorating
Can anyone go to the paint app you are using, LKristine Very helpful! Nice job.
April 25, 2013 at 6:15pm   
A Crew of Two
The shutter sizes seem off to me. I like the colors recommended by Engrav's Decorating. You can go the expected route of terracotta roof, but why if you don't really care for that look. I believe you can the roof tiles in other colors. You can even do a a mix of several colors. Lake Country Builders petanque court Residential Additions and Remodel, Hillsborough CA Hobbit House
April 25, 2013 at 7:18pm   
whit512
LKristine- what's the app you used? I think we might change our minds like 29058026740 times so that would be very helpful! Thanks everyone for the input
April 26, 2013 at 8:45am   
What should I do with this room?
Help!!! What should I do with this room??
Did I make the right call?
I have added new backsplash. In my eyes I believe...
Your favourite colour combo?
I'm currently into yellow + grey interiors, it's a...
Bath. Resurfacing in situ in the Province of Granada Spain
Renovating a bathroom in an old Spanish house in the...
Paint color for open space rental apartment kitchen walls/cabinets?
I need to paint my dated, ugly rental kitchen. I live...