Need help to decide the color of foyer.

seemaibrahimApril 25, 2013
My entrance Foyer is narrow , should I color it lighter shade or darker shade' and what color should I paint in my formal room.please see the pics and suggest
houssaon
Wallpaper is always a good choice for an entry. I remove the hanging rug, clock and the other items from the wall to clear the view. A pretty pattern rug would be inviting.

stately manor · More Info
,
graphic entry · More Info
and
crystaljules · More Info
are some interesting examples.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 3:19PM
Engrav's Decorating
I think if you would use a soft, warm, gray that your fireplace would pop and the color would enhance your furniture. See pic below....
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 5:20PM
Engrav's Decorating
What color is the carpet on your steps?
    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 5:21PM
Engrav's Decorating
The carpet in this picture looks like your carpet. The wall going upstairs is a barely gray, lighter than the one in your front room. You could use this for your entry as a neutral that goes up the steps too. I agree that I would free up the walls in the entry and keep it simple.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 5:24PM
seemaibrahim
Thank you all for the ideas. My carpet is beige brown.
So entrance I should keep simple , clear on walls and lighter color. To make it look wider and welcoming, Thanks!

Second I was thinking of keeping the fireplace wall charcoal grey to make the fire place more prominent. And rest of the walls lighter shade of grey. Please advice----
1 Like    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 6:13AM
Engrav's Decorating
When you say lighter gray, make sure it doesn't look like an off white with a gray tint. Your furniture will love a soft, warm gray and contrasting darker gray with the fireplace is just the thing.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 6:22AM
Joni Spear Interior Design
In the hallway I would suggest Sherwin Williams "Liveable Green", SW 6176. The pale green will offset all the beige. In the living room try SW 6150 "Universal Khaki", it is grey enough to bring out the fireplace but will work better with your exixitng rug.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 7:33AM
seemaibrahim
Thank you Engrav and Joni I was thinking of pale green in Foyer as well but will it go with warmer gray in formal room. The rug in formal room is beige and burgundy design on it
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 8:20AM
seemaibrahim
For my formal room I think Luther shade of gray will go with furniture and fire place and I can change the rug. What do u think Engrav . Also what would you suggest for the fireplace wall. Should it be darker to enhance fire place
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 8:22AM
seemaibrahim
Joni please suggest with your expert advice , thanks! I will go to Home Depot and check the color if you have the shed pics please post.
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 8:23AM
seemaibrahim
Correction to spelling lighter shade of gray
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 8:25AM
Engrav's Decorating
I think you can do your room one of two ways. One way would be to put a darker gray on the fireplace walls and a soft gray on the other walls. The other way would be do to everything in a medium gray. On a strips of paint colors, it would be the third or fourth on the chip. Both ways are essentially good. I know I said this before but be careful the light gray doesn't look like a dirty white - your furniture needs more color than that.
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 9:35AM
Engrav's Decorating
Look at the green and gray chips together. There are so many shades of green and gray to choose from that the only way to harmonize them is to play with the paint chips. There is no substitute for see larger samples of your two colors together until you get it right or until your abandon the idea. You can always bring in color in your rug if the green and gray don't work out to your liking.
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 9:38AM
Joni Spear Interior Design
Please go to SW and pull the color chips I suggested. It will give you a good base to work with. If you prefer HD paint they certainly can match it.
The Khaki I suggested has grey undertones but will work well with your rug.
    Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 6:19AM
seemaibrahim
Thanks Joni I will surely go and check at SW and thanks for the color suggestion . Now my next step is to check the colors at SW first if doesn't find my choice of color then might be HD
    Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 2:38PM
Need help decorating my foyer
We are trying to decide what to do with our foyer which...
curtischristopherson
Need help deciding on hardwood floor stain color
We currently have red oak flooring with gunstock stain...
mslomka
Desperately need help choosing a color for our foyer!
Our foyer is an open foyer with a 21 foot ceiling....
Linda Bibbo
Help! Need ideas to decorate the foyer!
I thought this cabinet might look nice in the foyer....
cschunder
Lizcaretaker
Due to the amount of rain the underground water table...
lizcaretaker
Apple green and cream - help!
Hi all, I have a pair of gorgeous apple green leather...
marciaoli
Our new house
What to do with this beast?? All suggestions welcome!...
vivdame
New house I need entrance ideas
The house is modern and I'm stuck , I need something...
hanoof83
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie