Narrow, awkward kitchen needs new layout
Nicole LaSalle
I just bought at 1962 split level and I have no idea what to do with the kitchen. I think the whole thing has to go but I don't know what the best layout would be. It is only 8 feet wide and the living room fireplace is on the other side of the wall so it can't easily be opened up. There is a 11x10ft dining room adjacent that can become part of the kitchen. I would like my new kitchen to have a space for a table and a breakfast bar for at least two seats. Help!
consider gallery styled kitchen layout.
April 25, 2013 at 11:09am   
HERE Design and Architecture
You do have a constrained space there but plenty of good light. This project will likely require scaled drawings in order to address it properly. I would look in the Professionals section and search for architects or interior designers in your area, find a few whose work you like and give them a call. Especially when conditions are so constrained, having someone on your team who is able to think creatively can make all the difference.
April 25, 2013 at 11:09am     
linlac
Unless you are doing it yourself the company that does the job will lay it out for you. Don't be scared to go with custom kitchen planners because the prices are comparable to the home improvement stores. Pick someone with a lot of experience that will maximize your space. If you draw your room dimensions with doors and windows you can take it to a kitchen designer and they will draw it out for you. I had two plans drawn for mine. They didn't charge to give layout and pricing.
April 25, 2013 at 11:24am     
paw1431
I would have a designer incorporate both the kitchen and the sitting area and make one large area.
June 26, 2014 at 10:32am     
New Kitchen Layout in Narrow 40's Cape
Hi, We bought a new old house and our first renovation...
Awkward Kitchen space - need help with Layout/ Design
Open to ideas/suggestions. We'd love to include an...
Need help with the layout for small, awkward kitchen
We do not yet live in this home, but are renovating...
Need help with narrow kitchen layout!
I need suggestions for how to layout a kitchen remodel....
help- awkward living room layout in new loft apt!
Hello, My husband and I are moving to a new rental...
Drape dilemma... Too short!
So I didn't do my research on what the appropriate...
Help! Color needed in my beige living room!
My husband and I just moved from a small apartment...
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...
Modern vs Contemporary Coffee Table
The first photo is of the coffee table I have currently,...