Stacked vs Pocket Sliding glass doors
Joanna Coston
Hi, we are in the process of signing a contract on a new home. We have to select structural features ASAP. we live in Fl and this will be a pool home. They have an option of stacked sliders opening from the center or pocket sliders opening from the center. There's also he option to open to one side. I'm trying to determine the difference between stacked and pocket because of price difference. I would think pocket doors would be preferred because they pocket away. However, the pocket option is $2k CHEAPER than the stacked option. Anyone have any idea why such a big price difference and why stacked is more than pocket?

Thanks!!
teeooh
Pocket doors are a pain to fix if the rail fails ( happened to us). I would go with the one that will put the least stress on the mechanism or the one with the best mechanism
April 25, 2013 at 5:57pm     
Joanna Coston
Thank you!
April 25, 2013 at 6:26pm   
Rustica Hardware
Hi Joanna, if your looking for stacked doors or doors that allow to slide in front or back of each other your can find them here with recently reduced prices: http://rusticahardware.com/bypass-barn-door-hardware-system/
April 26, 2013 at 8:19am     
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
Joanna, being in Florida myself I realize you are not talking about interior doors like everyone else is thinking, these are sliding glass exterior doors, correct? I have found that the sliders, usually three panels that pocket into a stuccoed recess are quite heavy to open since the last four feet you are sliding three doors.
April 26, 2013 at 8:44pm     
jaxsen
Also the stacked doors are a pain if the get off track.. I watched when the guys came and fixed them at my friends in Florida and it seemed easy but was pretty pricey. I think the Stacked are more because of how much track is involved and they need to be perfect in order to slide and stack on one another..
April 26, 2013 at 9:01pm   
Contemplating a home renovation
Does anyone know of a home renovation website that...
Need help with my kitchen
We recently changed our kitchen from an impractical...
Help give this hard-working kitchen a layout makeover!!
We're a family of six spending most of our days in...
How to create silence in a flat?
Ok - it can not be a problem I alone have. I want to...
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...