What do I do with this dining room?
lynnwinfrey
April 25, 2013 in Other
I'm having the sideboard painted metallic silver. The two dining table chairs are purple brocade and 4 side chairs are wood. What do I do with the table and china cabinet? Help
mveasey
Hello - if you post this under Design Dilemmas, you will get lots more feedback!
   April 26, 2013 at 11:13PM
This is a small room, and you have so many big and ornate pieces going on here. I would remove either the sideboard or the china cabinet, because IMO it's too much. And I would be tempted to paint the table black and put a glass top on it to protect the paint. When you remove one of the two big pieces, replace it with some artwork. Angelina Vick does some amazing art, in purples, here's her Houzz page: http://www.houzz.com/user/angelinavick Also, mpoulsom is a wonderful artist: http://www.houzz.com/users/query/mpoulsom
   April 27, 2013 at 5:56AM
lynnwinfrey
I like the idea of removing the china cabinet. The sideboard will have to stay because I have a huge mirror over it and want that to stay. Thanks so much of the idea and i'll look at the site your recommended.
1 Like   April 27, 2013 at 6:39AM
Oh, good, I'm glad you like it! I was afraid I may have offended you. Yes, sometimes less is more and I believe you are making the right move. Post an 'after' pic, please, we hardly ever get to see the after pics!
   April 27, 2013 at 6:41AM
lynnwinfrey
No not offended at all. I'm using this site because others can see what I can't see. Removing the china cabinet makes total sense and will open that room up and make it brighter which was what I was going for. I had already thought of painting the table black with glass top or replacing it with a glass top table. Thanks again. I will for sure post a before and after but it might take a while.
1 Like   April 27, 2013 at 6:45AM
I'm the same way, Lynn! I stare at my house all day long and can't figure out what I don't like, but I can look at pretty pictures and think 'oh, that needs'.....or......'I would do this'....... Funny, isn't it?
   April 27, 2013 at 6:47AM
lynnwinfrey
My daughter and I fell in love with the Houzz site...amazing!
1 Like   April 27, 2013 at 6:52AM
Window treatments
I have a living room with a bar in front of a bay window....
Need help choosing width of sconces for bathroom vanity.
My guest bathroom vanity is 59" wide with a mirror...
BOSCH 30" Induction Cooktop over wall over.
we are learning that installing a Bosch brand 30" induction...
Please help me with this space.
I don't want to cover the window and the rad needs...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...