Florida Coastal Ranch - needs fun accent paint front door refresh
Mary
We are buying this 1963 home and want to create a fun, happy vacation house feel for us and potential future renters. The current trim is a boring muddy taupe around the windows and blue grey door with glass that has a dated floral motif. I'm considering turquoise trim and red or coral door...any ideas? The base paint is creamiest and does not need paint so this is an intermediate measure for a few years. Thx!
elklaker
Turquoise and coral would be a perfect combo. Please consider getting rid of the circle around the tree in the front. Less is more. Enjoy your new home.
2 Likes   April 26, 2013 at 4:21AM
Mary
I was thinking the same thing re the white circle! As you can see (hopefully) by the pic these are the realtor pics as we close next week. The lawn needs a lot of work too but I want to focus on interior aside from the trim. Do you think we should paint the numbers to match trim or door? What about the garage?
0 Likes   April 26, 2013 at 4:32AM
elklaker
I am not a fan of painting front entry garage doors anything other than the color of the house. I prefer to not draw attention to them. Add your color with the trim and landscaping. Maybe you can find some fun, interesting house numbers (lots of options online). The existing could be painted too (same as front door?). Fun project.
1 Like   April 26, 2013 at 4:44AM
Rockin' Fine Finish
Try a tangerine for the front door c2 paint has a great tangerine
0 Likes   April 26, 2013 at 6:59AM
First, make sure the home still fits into the neighborhood. You don't want it to stand out like a billboard. If coral and turquoise are typical neighborhood colors, go ahead. If not, save them for the interior and the private back yard. As a vacation property manager, I think guests enjoy inside ammenities more than exterior gilding. If there is a pool, put some $$ there if needed - making the private spaces sumptuous is most important. Lawn appeal would be a plus, and some Bermuda shutters on the sunny side windows would look good and serve a purpose. If you need management assistance,please contact me.
1 Like   April 26, 2013 at 7:04AM
Mary
Thank you so much all! It's as much about changing the current paint as it is about selecting a fun color. The houses are all different pastels that you see in tropical climates.
0 Likes   April 26, 2013 at 7:31PM
ReMax - Lisa
My parents had a very similar looking home for many years in a community in Florida. EVERYONE had those white circles around their trees. They all had a community lawn service and I suspect that company dictated how the gardens were edged so it was easier for trimming.
0 Likes   April 26, 2013 at 8:11PM
Mary
That may explain it but those stones are history when I get there!
2 Likes   April 27, 2013 at 7:37AM
Arlene Warda, Architecture+Interior Design
What a fun house!.. any closeup pictures of the windows, with trim and door?.. I can see the garage pretty clearly!
0 Likes   April 27, 2013 at 8:57AM
Aja Mazin
A light teal or turquoise and pale coral trim would be fantastic, but keep the garage door white!

Great colours for Florida!

Less is more!
0 Likes   April 27, 2013 at 9:28AM
Mary
Thank you Arlena! The trim is proud (raised) around windows and I am thinking of perhaps Ben Moore Oceanfront, Caribbean Cool, San Clemente teal or similar and perhaps tangerine by C2 which was suggested here. When the paint color needs replacing we will likely paint a tropical color with a fun door. For now I'm hoping to come up with a quick fix for curb appeal. Very excited and totally open to ideas!
0 Likes   April 27, 2013 at 9:30AM
Aja Mazin
If that is a jalousie front door, replace with a solid door to prevent energy loss.
1 Like   April 27, 2013 at 11:09AM
Aja Mazin
Because your house appears to be white, do not choose a bold or intense colour for the trim.
1 Like   April 27, 2013 at 11:13AM
studio10001
Jalousie = theft magnet, too
1 Like   April 27, 2013 at 11:37AM
Need fun paint colors for ranch-style house exterior!
Our ranch-style home was built in 1976. This summer...
nicolalong
Need paint suggestion for Florida ranch with pinkish tile roof
We bought home in FL (one story 70s ranch) with roof...
loves2read
I need help choosing a paint color for living room in 1950s block ranch near Florida beach
I am renovating a 1294 beach house on a budget. I knocked...
ninjabunny8
Need help choosing light fixture for coastal Florida condo
Open concept kitchen with blue countertop and tiles....
kmikhail
need help with new front door for 1940's ranch style home
need to replace front door. Florida ranch style home...
ldclarke
Need ideas for updating fireplace area!
Please help give us a few ideas on updating around...
aeosbourn
Need ideas for the living room
Any ideas on decorating this living room are appreciated...
Mayola Antony
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
Reupholster or custom slipcover?
Closed on the new house yesterday, and already going...
Melynda
with pets what floor is better
Hi I hesitate with handscrapped vintage oïl finish...
zacketnala