Any ideas for this living room?
coriayala
Very large living room, cant seem to get it right... Help!
Nancy Walton
I love your living room! The only thing I would change is to get rid of the sliding door and put French doors in with a dark wood stain and real mullioned glass panes, and some kind of sheer panel treatment on the back window to soften it without cutting out the light.
April 26, 2013 at 2:41pm   
Stamps Design Services
I think a softer earth tone on the walls, would work better with your furniture and flooring and allow the artwork stand out. Draperies or roman shades give light control and privacy. A taller lamp on the end tables would look better as well... I like crystal lamps because they beautiful and blend well to many furniture styles. I am posting a pair of lamps from lampsplus.com and a paint from Benjamin Moore as examples.....
April 26, 2013 at 3:07pm     
Brenda
you have a very interesting collected, well traveled aestetic. what is missing is interesting archetectural elements in the room.
April 26, 2013 at 4:41pm     
llaguardia
Warmer paint crown molding and perhaps an eclectic dark ceiling fan.
April 28, 2013 at 5:11am   
soozmacrae
The walls sould be a more beige colour. They look yellow to me. Sorry, but I really dont like the art work in this room. Its too much with everything else.
April 28, 2013 at 5:32am     
Malcolm Duffin Design
Im in accordance with previous comment, you have a nice mix of possessions etc but little or no cohesion. Architecturally its a little weak and a bit 1980s I would suggest cornice,fireplace perhaps and a more subtle wall colour. I love the traditional pieces , but would add some modern touches.French doors are an excellent suggestion along with smart plain curtains and a Roman blind on the other window. Cover the two french chairs in a plainer modern fabric. Two larger taller lamps either side of the Sofa , as above suggest, but big! I would move the bench and replace with two armchairs in a neutral colour . refer to my page for traditional seating groups in above style. Good Luck and warmest regards Malcolm
April 28, 2013 at 5:35am   
bonnielynn75
I agree the wall colour seems off for the furniture The large art piece near the armoire works with the current colour but not the furniture. Find it a new space. It seems there are too many unrelated accessories in this room. Take it all out and start adding back. It would be better to display a few significant pieces rather than a jumble of things.
April 28, 2013 at 5:40am   
Joni Koenig Interiors
Carpet looks small and running the wrong direction. I agree architecturally weak. Don't care for the wall color...doesn't relate to carpet. Table lamps too short...use on sofa console instead. Remove that small object from top of armoire. A larger LIGHTER BRIGHTER carpet would do wonders for this room and update it !
April 28, 2013 at 5:47am     
Will do a living room and dining room renovation. Any ideas?
Will remove the three portrait. Reupholster the sofa....
Will renovate the living room and dining room. Any ideas?
Retile.whats the nice shade of tile should be used....
Any ideas for this LARGE living room?
Need help with this living room, can't seem to get...
Mitered edge for marble or quartize ?
I.am wondering by putting the Mitered edge on the countertops...
CounterTops Taj Mahal or Sea Pearl ?
White double stacked cabinets and dark wood floors...
bedroom pain matching wardrobe
Hello, I want to know the bedroom paint which would...
Curb Appeal: Porch or Architectural Interest?
Looking to add some architectural interest to a 1970's...
Living room isn't flowing
Advice needed!! I have been working on this room,...