Floral tile
lisag0701
April 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Does anyone know a way to cover up or remove the floral tile in this tile wall? Is there away refinish them?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
K B
If it's ceramic tile, I would assume you could have someone come out and "reglaze" it (not sure about the term of art) . I did this with my cast iron tub, and it turned out great.
April 26, 2013 at 7:40pm   
PRO
ReMax - Lisa
I saw some decorative stick on tiles at Home Depot a while ago, that were accent tiles. They were modern, some looked like stainless steel. you could try those on top of the tiles you have if they would stick. Not sure if your floral tiles are textured or flat. They may not stick in the shower area though. I have also heard of special paint for ceramic tiles too. you could try that in a coordinating gray colour.
April 26, 2013 at 8:02pm     
PRO
TileWorks
Cut out the tile border and replace with new border design.
April 26, 2013 at 9:31pm     
Beth Bourque
TileWorks is spot on correct. If you're skeptical about being able to do it, call a tile store - one that specializes in flooring, usually - and ask them to recommend a local contractor. It really isn't going to cost that much to have it replaced professionally.
April 26, 2013 at 9:46pm     
PRO
ASVInteriors
If you are going to go to the expense of cutting out and replacing tile, you may wish to reconsider a bigger bathroom renovation (if it is on the plans); this is quite a lot of tricky labour work. Failing that, buy bathroom paint and paint the band in black) - this is a temporary fix and not a long term one
April 26, 2013 at 10:58pm     
PRO
builper.com
We make hand made tiles and can make for you a border that will be like a quarter round that can be fairly easily installed over the existing border you have now
April 27, 2013 at 5:55am   
lisag0701
I think cutting out the tile is too risky?!? I can not afford to renovate bathroom at the moment.
April 27, 2013 at 6:36am   
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™