Exterior Paint Help/Ideas Please
dclaireb
Getting ready to sell, want to update and refresh paint. We're looking for suggestions. We're thinking of neutral heritage colors. My husband likes pale butter yellow tones, I'm leaning towards taupe and cream. House has a lot of details and spindles on decks so don't want to go too bright. Any suggested color pallets would be appreciated. Thank you!
OnePlan
It looks a lovely home ! The colour it is looks great to me ! But up to the min fashion is Gray ?! With white ?! Might be worth thinking about ?!
April 27, 2013 at 9:41am   
bluenan
Yellow might be too taste specific for resale, I'd stick to taupe and cream to compliment your roof.
April 27, 2013 at 9:45am     
Aja Mazin
It's picture perfect!

Don't change a thing!
April 27, 2013 at 10:06am   
dclaireb
Thank you oneplan, bluenan and aja for your comments - very appreciated ! The house looks better in the photo than up close and this will be our second time trying to sell it so thinking a change of color will help. I'm off to Benjamin Moore to get some samples! Keep your ideas coming!
April 27, 2013 at 10:33am     
laurae1967
Make sure the color you choose is not too similar to the roof. Maybe a pale gray?
April 27, 2013 at 10:38am   
pattiegoode
Consider accenting those shingles at the gable with the same color as the roof or maybe darker (and different from the body). I do love a dark gray house with white trim! ;)
April 27, 2013 at 11:21am     
lesch
Your house has so much curb appeal! If it needs to be painted, then a light, creamy taupe seems to help sell houses (you don't hear objections like you might to yellow or even blue/gray). Beige might seem boring, but it is tried and true. Be sure to get a small sample of the color and try it on the house in an inconspicuous spot as beiges can have an under color that you may not like (peach or pink undertones, etc.). Gather up as many color swatches as you think you might like to use and then compare them directly in the outside sun--it helps to see the undertones. Also compare to the roof to make sure it works for you. Good luck.
April 27, 2013 at 11:32am     
dclaireb
All wonderful suggestions and ideas! Thanks again for taking the time to share with me. Got so many brochures and sites to look at.. there are way too many choices!
April 27, 2013 at 12:15pm   
Need help/ideas with exterior paint color for home
Would like assistance with "color" selection/ideas...
Need help/ideas updating exterior
We would like to do a simple exterior facelift $5k...
Help/ideas needed for Exterior Mtn Home
Need some ideas on how to spruce up the exterior. Paint/landscaping....
Need Help/Ideas W/ Living Room/Dining Room. Layout help & design help
I've included larger and more pictures in the thread...
Need help/ideas for turning a shed into a home office.
Shed is on property with 1923 renovated English cottage....
VOTE: What color Fireplace?
Room will be cleared out and painted SW Meiga Greige....
living room window treatments
Can I use two different window treatments in the living...
Need help with Juliet balcony remodel
We have a French door and Juliet balcony over our front...
Need help with Master Suite design
I am seeking some help with design of master wing of...