Picture over sofa
monkeyandbeansdesign
I like the picture above my sofa but I feel it might be a little small (the wall is so big) I would love some suggestion on the wall maybe I should add something next to it, new piece of art, maybe a large mirror. Any thoughts??
lbl001
I think that the area above your sofa needs a horizontal picture instead of the vertical one you have
April 27, 2013 at 2:47pm     
pcmom1
Great picture! I would have it framed, as that will set it off and, of course, make it larger! Get a good sized mat and frame. And I would shop around for a couple of smaller paintings to go next to it. If you could find them by the same artist, that would be nice.
April 27, 2013 at 2:50pm     
bluenan
Yes, you need a horizontal piece.
April 27, 2013 at 2:53pm     
standinginline
The painting is too dark and "heavy" to work comfortably on that wall--based on your wall, furniture, and curtain colors. You need lighter airier colors on the wall for that space IMO. A painting that is longer horizontally will also look better IMO.

I would bring the curtain rods down about halfway between the top of the ceiling and top of the windows, instead of pushed up to the ceiling as is. I dont think that curtain height works for your room in this case. I think the room will appear more balanced and and relaxed if brought down.
April 27, 2013 at 3:00pm   
JWinteriors
A suggestion would be to give yourself an accent wall in a slate blue/gray. It would contrast nicely with your cream rug/sectional and look good with your black kitchen cabinets. Mat in cream and frame in black your art piece. Or, mix it with other pieces.
April 27, 2013 at 3:11pm     
It's a Beautiful World!
I agree with pcmom1, if you are adding the second piece, it should be quite similar to the one you have, or your display may look odd. Another way to balance your space would be to move this piece elsewhere and order a new horizontal one, or a set of 2-3 square or vertical pieces for above the sofa. If you are open to other styles of art, you can check out our Houzz page for some ideas. Enjoy and good luck decorating!... Raisa
April 27, 2013 at 4:35pm   
What style chairs for our new dining table?
Which one of these chairs do you think would look best...
How would you spend $10,000 in your garden?
If you had a windfall, where would your money go in...
Where do your pets sleep in your house?
Do your treasured pets have a special bed just for...
How do you accessorise your bed?
Some people love piling on cushions on their beds,...
Need help for new exterior paint color
My husband built this A Frame in the 70's and we are...