Design Dilemma
heavenlysons2
I have a condo with typical builder's cabinets (honey color) I do not want to tackle painting or staining them. What color would go best next to them? The kitchen is sunny most of the day. I know color is a personal preference but I welcome all ideas. Thanks in advance!
Rockin' Fine Finish
Can you post a pic if your cabs
April 27, 2013 at 3:27PM   
pics
April 27, 2013 at 4:22PM   
Madeline
What you have described is lot like my kitchen. When we moved in I got some oops paint in many colors and one of them was a dark yellow, sort of an ocher color. One night I decided to paint the kitchen. It looked fabulous, and it still does. I've never tired of it. I'm sure I broke a design rule but it looks great and the effect at night is almost magical and that's saying a lot about a kitchen. Of course I did add stainless steel appliances later on. But the paint looked great in advance of that step. Please consider it. And good luck.
April 27, 2013 at 4:46PM   
heavenlysons2
Thanks so much!
April 27, 2013 at 6:58PM   
BM Stratton Blue for your walls. It is a color that will make you happy for years.

April 27, 2013 at 7:03PM   
Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
Green is a great companion to wood. You can pick any green which goes with the rest of your decor. It brings the outside in too, in case you have greenery peeking through your windows.
April 27, 2013 at 7:16PM   
Domoore Designs
The best way to choose paint color is paint samples. Try going to a paint store and picking colorways you like. bring the samples home and judge them against your cabinets. Since builder cabinets are a lighter color you may want to decide the feel you want for the kitchen. Also if you want it to be neutral or to contrast and make an impact. Good luck. :-)
April 27, 2013 at 7:17PM   
heavenlysons2
Thank you for your suggestions. I would like a contrasting color and always wanted a Tuscany red/orange(terracotta) but not sure if it will look good. That is such a hard color to get just right. My living room is a gray green and my dining room is a blue/green. The kitchen is visible from both rooms.
April 27, 2013 at 11:25PM   
heavenlysons2
I keep trying to attach my picture, must be doing something wrong. Can someone guide me. I saved the picture to my documents (picture file)??
April 28, 2013 at 9:17AM   
mmers
When I repainted the LR, I got several small samples of paint from BM. All different yellows. I painted fairly large squares to see which I liked in the room - it looked like a patchwork quilt by the time I decided - but the process was worth it to find the right yellow. Good luck with this!
April 28, 2013 at 9:44AM   
heavenlysons2
Thank you. Could you tell me how to attach my pictures. I have them on my ideabook but can't add to my discussion. Thanks!
April 28, 2013 at 9:47AM   
Madeline
I would if I could but I have never been successful. I finally gave up trying since I mostly read posts and don't ask for help. But I'd sure like to know how to do it! Good luck!
April 28, 2013 at 10:15AM   
heavenlysons2
Thanks for answering me :)
April 28, 2013 at 10:21AM   
Domoore Designs
Which picture are you trying to load ? The profile pic or one into the discussion?
April 28, 2013 at 10:27AM   
heavenlysons2
The one for discussion. I have it in my idea book but that's as far as I can get. Sorry, not very techy! Thanks
April 28, 2013 at 10:30AM   
Domoore Designs
Save the image in your idea book to your computer then click attach images select the file you saved. Hope it helps
April 28, 2013 at 10:43AM   
Not a Design Dilemma, but Certainly a Dilemma...
At the present time we (2 of us) are living in a 2100...
Not Just a Design Dilemma It's a Space Dilemma!
Our bathroom is not just a design dilemma it's a space...
Help with powder room lighting! Design dilemma!
Hey everyone! I'm stuck on this powder room remodel....
How do I get people to comment on my design dilemma
I am new to Houzz and posted my living room for some...
Recessed Lighting
Not sure what lights to use! vaulted ceiling, Eye...
Landscaping help
Looking for ideas of different plants, trees etc to...
Tall cabinet or not?
I posted about our master bath but since the cabinet...
office work photo
please i need your advice about photo in work office....
Trim trim trim....
I just posted, but les just focus here for a second....