Open concept Living/dinning/kitchen and open to the basement
Corey Divell-Parkes
We have bought a fixer, its a split level home. The kitchen, dinning and living room are all in one space, and it is also open to our basement family room. The one large wall connects the basement to the upstairs. I have already chosen a wall colour for the family room (Basement) Which is French Press AF-170 from Benjamin Moore, which will work perfectly with the plaid wallpaper that will be on the accent wall in the basement. My dilemma is the large wall that goes upstairs. What colour should it be?
You could pull a neutral taupe that will pick up a little of the gray stone and relate to the french press.
April 27, 2013 at 5:44pm   
Corey Divell-Parkes
I am also planning on painting out the fireplace in a warm cream colour, and the new gas fireplace will be black. I have since purchased a jute rug with a chocolate brown border.
April 27, 2013 at 5:49pm   
Interiors International, Inc.
What other colors are in the plaid wallpaper?
April 27, 2013 at 5:51pm   
Corey Divell-Parkes
April 27, 2013 at 5:58pm   
OK, I see the stone will be painted out and the wallpaper is a plaid with rust. Leaving the ivory may be your best bet - what colors will you use in the open concept upstairs? Same autum tones? If so, then a classic green would be fresh and modern, work with the lower level and bring in lots of light - the yellow in green just bounces light around well. Maybe http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW0029-acanthus/
April 27, 2013 at 6:18pm   
Plug for a floor receptacle
We had floor receptacles put in when we built our house....
Mix and match furniture styles
I purchased a beautiful bow-arm chair (dark brown leather...
How do I pick a paint color?
I have always imagined that my house would be paint...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...