Focal point tile for fountain
allieooop42
We are building an outside wall fountain that will have a cream colored fond du lac base and bluestone on the cap of basin of fountain. The actual fountain pieces will be copper. We want to cover the face of the fountain with tile or glass tile and we would like to use the same tile on the backsplash of the bbq which is near by. The granite on the bbq is a dark gray (imperial pearl).

Question is what color/ type that will go with the cream color fon du lac stone and the granite of the bbq which will be a dark grey. Total sq for the fountain is 15 sq ft. attached are pictures of the block fountain and the stone and granite.
I love blues- blue greens (jewel tones) . This will be a focal point in the yard.

My husband wants to edge the fountain (to wrap the block which makes up the back) with the fondulac corner pieces, to finish the edges but any colors I like seem too much contrast with the light colored stone.

I have looked at pool tile but it looks so much like....pool tile. boring.

Help . Contractor losing patience with us for not having it figured out yet.
allieooop42
I did not post this photo. this is the what will be the fountain...
April 27, 2013 at 9:27pm   
studio10001
I think your colour choices are fine. Keep in mind that the color of the fond du lac will be less shocking against your choice after the grout is applied to break up the colour. If the solid shade of glass seems too heavy, look at something like World of Mosaic's Harlequin tile, or consider forming a pattern from what you have. By googling patterns in tile : chevvron, diamond, etc., you'll see a miriad of choices out there.

Or go another way and place pennies rather than glass for a wishing well look.
April 27, 2013 at 10:35pm     
Dining Room Help
I want to paint or wallpaper my dining room as well...
can you use different fabrics on a sofa and love seat in the same room
I have a white slipcovered sofa and love seat. I am...
Tractenberg & Co Public Relation
Tractenberg & Co Public Relation President Jacquie...
What is your backyard crying out for?
Some people let their grass grow too long, or their...
Thoughts and/or suggestions on my updated nook?
I previously posted, asking for some direction on what...