My blue bathroom.

vtlbApril 28, 2013
Here are photos of my master bath. I love my floor tile, very retro and original to the 1980s home we bought in 1995. The floor tiles have variations of blue, some white, and some yellow sprinkled in there. I still have the original blue tub and toilet. The tub is in excellent shape. The toilet can be fussy sometimes. I painted the walls another shade of blue a few years ago based on a friends opinion. I'm tired of this color blue paint and am looking at options in paint. I just had the original oak cabinets in the whole house freshened up and added new satin nickel hardware. The original vanity is creme laminate and the original blue sink was ditched a few years ago because it was worn. I'm now thinking of doing a different counter top and sink and would like some suggestions. My home is contemporary architecture. The master bedroom opens to the bathroom via bi-fold doors, which I also had freshened up, as well as a large covered and screened porch which currently holds a hot tub. The screen porch will be converted with windows to create a sunroom aka office aka exercise room off the bedroom. I received a suggestion of blue pearl granite for the vanity top and a white under mount sink. I thought of the blue pearl granite with a blue vessel sink. However, I am just not sure and thought I would put out "help please" to you on Houzz. The floors throughout the house, except the bathrooms, are oak laminate. Thanks for your ideas!
apple_pie_order
The touched up wood and new handles look great together. I think a vessel sink and granite countertop could look like "2013 visits 1980", maybe you like that, maybe you don't, it's a personal choice.

The blue pearl granite with a white or pale blue ceramic (if you can match the bathtub color) sink could be attractive. Bring home several samples to see. You might see a quartz countertop you like better. To make the color choices easier, match a paint chip card to the bathtub, then take the chip card with you to the countertop store, along with the photos of the flooring.
    Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 12:20PM
bcgirl80
I agree with you I really like the tile. There is a granite call Wild Sea comes in various shades of blues greens, etc depending on the lot number. I would pull ash much of the lighter colors out of the tile, don't try to match the tub, find coloros to enhance the blue - I would go with lighter shades of white leaning to a grey or undertones of blue -
1 Like    Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 12:34PM
looks great
    Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 3:13PM
indianpatti
What about a gray vanity?
1 Like    Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 3:26PM
vtlb
Thank you all for the suggestions!
    Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 4:24PM
Mismatched seam over dishwasher--need advice
I hired a pre-fab granite company to install my granite....
dianeocean2
Lourdes Lopez
My bathroom gives me the blues! Accessing laundry room is problematic.
Bathroom has a blue tub and tiles - way too much. ...
mapowell
Dining Room Lamp Update Needed
We recently changed our dining room chairs and the...
sgander
Need help with hardwood flooring.
We want to replace our carpeting in the dining room...
lady1999
Just moved in, huge dilemma!
We just moved into this house and we have a very big...
decorrookie
Galley kitchen. New homeowners. What to do?
Recently moved into 1950s ranch. We've spent most of...
Kari Bauerlein
kitchen renovation
We are in the process of renovating our kitchen. Our...
Ana Alarcon
What to do with this fireplace?
This is our last project in a whole house remodel and...
simone7000