Kitchen help
Tammy Reid
We would like to change kit hen and open up to our living room but we are not sure how to go about it.
Wow Great Place
That looks like a pretty cramped living room already. Having a floor plan with dimensions would be helpful here, and indicate door and window positions, as well as any adjoining rooms.

Have you considered bringing in a designer to help you figure this out? Sometimes getting ideas from someone who can physically experience the space will be more helpful. You can start with a consultation of an hour or two, just to get ideas (does not have to be an expensive endeavour)
April 29, 2013 at 4:17AM   
One of the more difficult challenges as a designer is dealing with a kitchen that leads onto a sofa area. You will find that in most instances the kitchen leads onto dining and then sitting... I agree with WOW that this is a cramped place. There is too much going on. What can you get rid of? That seems a very large kitchen for a small sitting area... any way to recalibrate the proportions?
April 29, 2013 at 4:29AM   
From what I can see, you have sink area with water so I would remove that whole area and replace with big island. Take out table and chairs and add seating at the island. Put love seat or chair where the table is now.
April 29, 2013 at 4:51AM   
can you attach more photos showing the entire space ?
April 29, 2013 at 5:34AM   
Granite Transformations
I would recommend changing the dividing wall in between the kitchen and living room, to an island. Add seating there as well. That would give you a flowing feel from one room to the next.

You should consider painting both rooms the same color, to create a larger feel. I would recommend going with something like a Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore.

I agree, the living room seems pretty cramped.

You could install new stainless steel appliances, a dark cherry or java cabinetry, and new granite countertops to the kitchen. Consider replacing the tile too. If you installed a new hardwood floor throughout the kitchen and living room it would tie those rooms together to give a large feel.

If you decide on granite, I'd recommend our King Ivory granite countertops, which you can see here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/granite-countertops/

Hope this was helpful, good luck!
April 29, 2013 at 8:41AM   
TACKY PANTRY DOOR
Previous owners took down the other standard door...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
Lighting Help Needed
I neede help in figuring out fixtures for my kitchen....
Paint Color Matching Website - I cannot find one I used to use!
There is/was a site that I used to be able to select...
New sofa style
I need help with choosing a sofa for our open plan...