Similar to Bulthaup Doors
Mark Campion
We're looking to 'recreate' this kitchen, but unfortunately cannot afford a Bulthap kitchen. Does anyone know of a similar kitchen door (available in UK) that we could purchase on a supply only basis that looks similar? We're basically looking for that Anthracite colour with matt finish.
Mark Campion
I believe the colour in the Bulthaup range is called Grey Aluminium.
April 29, 2013 at 2:07am   
Mark Campion
More for my reference than anything, but so far these are close, but not quite the same... Summer Bridge Gloss Anthracite, Schuller L285S Anthrazit, Alto Textured Anthracite. I think its the aluminium edging that sets the Bulthaup one apart, I guess you get what you pay for :-(
April 29, 2013 at 2:25am   
OnePlan
Hacker do a similar door - might be worth looking into - where abouts in UK are you ?!
April 29, 2013 at 3:38am   
OnePlan
If near London - might be worth trecking up and down Wigmore street, where all the main companies have their flagship showrooms !
April 29, 2013 at 3:42am     
A Crew of Two
What about IKEA?
April 29, 2013 at 3:52am   
@Kelly checked IKEA out but they only do the high gloss anthracite and a more shaker style version... ;-(
April 29, 2013 at 4:00am     
A Crew of Two
I saw a flat door, but they did look shiny. Wondering if you could do their cabinets and order a door to fit elsewhere
April 29, 2013 at 4:04am     
This is an extremely interesting tangent on this thread. Good to know that this is feasible and elegant
April 29, 2013 at 4:31am   
Luciana
Hi Mark,

Have a look at Rational or Leicht kitchens - I think they have dealers all over the UK - http://www.leicht.de/en/products/modern-style/classic-fs-ios-m/. I live in Cardiff, we bought a Leicht kitchen last year and it wasn't obscenely expensive considering its quality (see photo); I think I saw something similar to what you want in their showroom.
April 29, 2013 at 5:03am     
Mark Campion
Thanks everyone - I will take a look at all your ideas tonight. That Ikea option is a really useful concept - I had already checked Ikea out and discarded all their doors, but this might do the trick.

I am also in London, and did not know Wigmore Street was the place to be! I'll take a wander down that way over the weekend.
April 29, 2013 at 5:54am     
Mark Campion
Hacker Uno Anthracite Matt seems to be the equivalent Hacker unit, and yes that does look like a very good match. I'll follow up with a couple of suppliers and see how they come up in terms of price.
April 29, 2013 at 6:12am     
Mark Campion
Leicht seem to have hundreds of colours that look like they may be similar - will have to go find one of their showrooms and go through them all.
April 29, 2013 at 6:13am     
Mark Campion
I've also found one by Symphony Kitchens - Linear Select range. Has anyone heard of this company? Are they any good?
April 29, 2013 at 6:24am   
OnePlan
Hi Mark - Symphony have been around for years ... The quality is ok - on a par with ikea . So different league to Hacker - bit like comparing different car brands !! Ikea / Symphony would be the great little run around ! And Hacker, the big German car that provide a little more comfort !
April 29, 2013 at 11:53pm     
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
Shall I buy a white leather sofa???
Hi there! Is it true they don't last long and they...
LED bulbs in Halo 6" can?
I have purchased some 6" Halo Remodel IC Recessed Light...
need curb appeal help!
Need help changing the look.We have already done landscaping...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...