Floor skirtings and door frames
renedp
I cannot decide whether we should leave wooden floor skirtings and door frames wood, or paint them the same colour as the walls. Any thoughts on this? Our floors are very light coloured porcelain tiles/ carpets and the walls are also painted in a light creamish colour.
A Crew of Two
What kind of wood and what color stain? Are your doors painted or stained?
April 29, 2013 at 3:40am   
renedp
My husband insist on keeping the doors stained - teak coloured. If we stain the skirtings and frames, it will be the same.
April 29, 2013 at 3:42am   
Wow Great Place
You do not have to match the skirtings and frames to the doors, they can be treated differently. Could you perhaps post a picture so we could see what you are dealing with? Personally, I like some contrast between the wall colour and the skirtings (baseboards) so I generally paint them white or off white, regardless of the doors. This gives the wall colour a bit more depth, especially with pale walls.
There are several ways to do this, which is why a pic would be helpful! (Make sure it is in jpeg format or it won't load)
April 29, 2013 at 4:12am   
April 29, 2013 at 4:23am   
renedp
I will get a picture as soon as possible - we are building a new house, so I will only be able to go to the house again on Wednesday.
April 29, 2013 at 4:27am   
renedp
Thank you for the pictures Kelly, it helps already!
April 29, 2013 at 4:28am   
Wow Great Place
Those pics are perfect, Kelly!
April 29, 2013 at 4:35am