Storm-water management and patio design
gris1976
Who should I contact? I need to solve my flooding situation in m yard and and re-do the cracked cement patio! Wo can help with all? What is cheaper pavers or slab? Big project...
Judy M
Sounds like you need a swale connected to a drain to divert water away from one part of the yard to another.

Our builder did one, contractors that have bigger equipment (backhoe) and experience with concrete can usually help, so same person might be able to install drain and fix pool area.
April 30, 2013 at 3:54am     
Judy M
Sorry, same person could fix your patio.
April 30, 2013 at 3:55am   
K.O.H. Construction Corporation
It depends on where the water is coming from. Is it draining from another parcel? Are there swales cut in for drainage, is the water coming from the streets, is the house sitting too low in the ground, need more info and pics. concrete is far cheaper than pavers
April 30, 2013 at 4:33am     
gris1976
Thanks for the feedback!
April 30, 2013 at 3:59pm   
LA+A studio, llc
Since this seems like both a functional and aesthetic challenge, I would suggest you hire a Landscape Architect to analyze your overall drainage patterns and integrate a design solution that addresses both form and function.
April 30, 2013 at 4:07pm     
Ginkgo Leaf Studio
Anytime someone mentions a drainage issue I immediately suggest contacting a professional. I agree this is both an aesthetic and functional issue. Have your patio designed by a landscape designer or landscape architect and see if they have a landscape contractor with experience in storm water management that they can recommend.
April 30, 2013 at 7:27pm     
Ironwood Builders
I agree with contacting a local professional. A site evaluation is necessary to effectively make recommendations.
April 30, 2013 at 7:30pm     
Plant care
I'm new to caring for plants and bought this plant....
How would you arrange furniture in this room?
This room seems off balance to me. I really want to...
Kitchen cabinet closings
We just paid a fair amount of money for a kitchen ....
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
Flooring in finished basement play room
We are trying to decide on flooring for a finished...