printed chairs in small living room
judet6
I am in the process of decorating again and actually picked out some stuff( custom designed it online) through Bassett. I picked out a slate blue couch with cream contrast welt, a cream and blue fabric striped fabric for a recliner and I also want 2 club chairs ( and one with ottoman. Is this fabric too busy for the two chairs, should I use the stripe for the two chairs and use this woven plaid as seen below as the recliner fabric? Is there a rule of thumb to how many chairs you should have in a living room.For the other half of the living room, I picked out a chair, which coordinates with living room fabric. I was thinking of having 2 of these smaller chairs in other room. Any pointers? Thanks
I like the fabric…just a suggestion: can you choose the stain on the feet? Not crazy about the blue welting meeting that color wood. Darker?

I also think that are enough lines going around and would skip the cream welting on the blue sofa.

Can we see the recliner?

0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 7:46PM
judet6
Yes, I can. I am going to be putting in an oak color hardwood floor. That was a question for later. Actually, I was thinking of using the same fabric as contrast welt on the chair above. I really like the cream welt on the couch, gives it a cottage-y feel.
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 7:53PM
You should not mix the stripes that you're putting on the recliner with the stripes on the two club chairs.
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 7:56PM
judet6
I am between 2 couches,both slate blue chenille. the one below and a squarish one with the cream contrast( not pictured. I just like the squarish one better, less formal. Don't want velvet, way too fancy
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:00PM
judet6
ok,Carolyn, what would you suggest for a fabric for the club chairs? Would it matter if the striped with cream was used on the club chairs? I thought the two stripes worked well together, guess I'm wrong, huh?
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:02PM
judet6
I like the pillows on the couch, which are the fabrics together
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:03PM
I think you could use a non striped fabric that mixes the blue and green but I would not repeat the stripe. Use one of the striped fabrics but not two. Choose whichever stripe you prefer.
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:07PM
LB Interiors
I would use some stripe and solid fabrics on your chairs.
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:10PM
I prefer the velvet sofa...nice style.
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:11PM
judet6
Here is the club chair in a coordinating fabric that I was going to use for my other room
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:25PM
judet6
Velvet sofa way too contemporary. My house is a cape!
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:26PM
I like that fabric.
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:30PM
No, I don't want you to buy a velvet sofa. I posted the pic because I would like the sofa with no contrasting welting. :>_).
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:31PM
judet6
I've ordered swatches of everything, we'll see how it goes together. Love the cream and blue stripe for recliner, hope it goes with chair above!
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:32PM
judet6
Traditional Living Room by Houston Interior Designer Creative Touch Interiors
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 8:42PM
yvonnecmartin
In my opinion it is better to be conservative about upholstery and let the imagination wild--stripes and prints included--with accessories. How will you feel about the expense of reupholstering these "perfectly good, but outdated" chairs five or ten years from now?
0 Likes   April 30, 2013 at 11:00PM
Need advice for powder room decore
What should I do powder room ceiling lighting and vanity...
Houzzers, what are you thankful for?
It's the time of year to give thanks. Looking around...
Help modernizing my family room
OK, My house was built in the mid 70's. The bottom...
Moving and want to take bedroom chandelier.
We are moving and want to take our bedroom chandelier...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...