Towel ring, hook or rail? What do you prefer?
B
Towel rings, rails or hooks? Which do you prefer?
We recently had a towel ring pictured below installed in our downstairs powder room. I think it looks great. I would like to get the rest of the bathrooms finished and am however wondering if the robe hook or even a small towel rail would be more practical? I am particularly worried about the ones which will be in bathrooms that kids will be using in the future. What do you think? From both an aesthetic and practicality point, which do you prefer?

The towel rail below is 600mm long so probably a bit too long to be above the 600mm deep vanity? Would love to hear your thoughts
B
Towel
May 1, 2013 at 3:36am   
Brenda
I have all three in my bathroom ... the towel ring next to the sink for a hand towel, the rail to hold a couple of bath towels, and the hook next to the shower so that the used towels don't end up on the floor ... well, the towels still end up on the floor, but one can hold out hope ...
May 1, 2013 at 4:08am     
creeser
We put in a double towel rod when we finished our new house a few months ago and to be honest, I wish I had gone with hooks. The rod makes a nice presentation for guests, but to use a towel and line it up on the nicely on the rod after each use is a bit of a pain. It would be so much nicer to hang them on hooks instead.
May 1, 2013 at 4:13am     
Ed
Hi decorating, with a hook, you just have to make sure the hook is well designed so that you can hang any towel easily and securely on it, and that the towel cannot easily slip off.
May 1, 2013 at 4:18am     
B
Thank you guys ♥
May 1, 2013 at 5:47am   
existential
I think it depends on the surrounding humidity. Rods in a humid climate like East coast and Midwest. Seattle surprisingly is not humid. Bunched up towels don't dry. Imho
May 1, 2013 at 9:32am     
B
Thank you. I am in Australia :)
May 1, 2013 at 7:25pm   
Solar attic fan? Brands? Experience?
Considering a solar attic fan for vacation home. Gambrel...
Help want to remove wall
Want to open up dining room, living room, kitchen....
Need kitchen help ideas
We are moving into a home we just purchased, we have...
I need help with an original design for this Foyer
Because the client doesn't want a center table and...
Paint color for open space rental apartment kitchen walls/cabinets?
I need to paint my dated, ugly rental kitchen. I live...