Need views on refrigerator
coylady
I need to replace my side by side refrigerator that was damaged by Sandy. Debating on wether I should get side by side again or go with the pull out freezer on bottom. Any reviews/ideas would be appreciated
joyful_lady
I love, love, love my bottom freezer and would never go back to side by side.

However, I have a freezer only in the garage.

I think it would partially depend on how much food you keep in the freezer. Even my large side-by-side would not hold a frozen pizza.

I feel like I can see things in my refrigerator much better now than with the side-by-side. I don't find science experiments growing in the back.

I am on my 2nd one because my first bottom freezer was not as nice as the one the new man in my life had so we put mine in his townhome and brought his over when he moved in.

I love both of them both much more than I ever liked the side-by-sides I have had over the years.

If you have specific questions I'll try to answer.
0 Likes   May 1, 2013 at 1:50PM
0825sam
I also prefer a bottom freezer just so that there is more width in the fridge portion. I like knowing I can put a large cake in there or one of those party subs. I had a side by side in one home and while it was more spacious than I thought it would be, I would still chose a bottom freezer.
Depending on the configuration of your fridge in the kitchen, since you are replacing, I would also consider a counter depth model. It will look more built in and won't jut into your room.
1 Like   May 1, 2013 at 1:53PM
Brenda
I have a counter depth side by side that I'm very happy with. While I don't have any additional freezer space, I do have two small bar type frig's in the house (one in my outdoor kichen, and one in the media room bar). My biggest issue with counter depth side by sides is that I can't fit my families beverage needs in there. A case of soda, a 6 pack of beer, and a couple bottles of wine would take up an entire shelf.

I hope things are gettng back to normal for you since Sandy. Where abouts do you live?
1 Like   May 1, 2013 at 2:04PM
I LOVE my french door, bottom freezer, counter-depth fridge. It is really well laid out for how we use it.
1 Like   May 1, 2013 at 2:12PM
kadodi
I have a French door too....LOVE it!!
1 Like   May 1, 2013 at 6:07PM
linlac
Love the bottom freezer. The way they make the refrigerator portion is unbelievable. You wouldn't believe what they hold. Huge side bins, adjustable shelves hold gallons of milk, huge party platters etc.
1 Like   May 1, 2013 at 6:13PM
coco1168
I have a bottom freezer and find it to be very small and not store as much as a side by side.
0 Likes   May 1, 2013 at 6:23PM
coylady
Brenda, I live in Long Beach, NY, approximately 1 block away from the ocean an 2 blocks away from the bay. Unfortunately they decided to meet and then come into our homes totally without an invitation.
0 Likes   May 3, 2013 at 9:11AM
coylady
Thank you all for your input. I now know that the refrigerator on top makes life easier (no science projects lol) and that the bottom freezer, while not perfect, is good to get.
1 Like   May 3, 2013 at 9:15AM
Dark Bedroom that faces the North with no Light.
It looks bright and i have not done any redecorating...
jmk578
Advice with old deck.
We live in South Florida and have an 18 year old deck....
Carlos Gomez
bedroom headboard
no footboard; king sized
Julie Pittinger
Norman Starburst mirror over fireplace mantle
This mantle needs something big and round instead of...
cabinretreater43
how to I find the face weight for Karastan Westcote?
I've been searching high and low on Google trying to...
Laurie Macabasco