Updates to a Nursery
nehachoudary
May 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm expecting another baby girl this summer, and I'm planning to use my first daughter's nursery for the new baby. I want to update it a bit, any great ideas? Definitely want a new, lavender rug (the shag rug has not worn well), and of course I am going to change the name. Where can I get a great, soft, durable rug? I'd love some help and suggestions to make this room feel fresh and personalized for the new baby... please help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
oneofeleven
personally i feel there is a bit too much pink in your room. I've seen a lot of nurseries where they combine pink with gray. Why don't you paint out the yellow and purple with white or gray and get a simple gray rug? Ikea has some good choices. I'd also remove the frame around the change table. it doesn't look like it serves a purpose and detracts from the baby's name. put the new name in gray as well.
May 1, 2013 at 9:47pm     
Kevin Retired Decorator
Go Glam !!! I would go Aqua and Pink. With a bit of black maybe on the shades of the Chandelier . And soft white sheers over the whole window. Add a Zebra print lumbar pillow to the pink chair for a Glam feel. Change out the twin head board to a white iron one. Or a ornate rattan in white. Wood floors with circle rugs 3 foot round scatter 5 of them in the color scheme. For a big polka dot feel. Order some custom letters in a zebra print for the name from esty.com I feel that would update the room in a fun way.
May 2, 2013 at 2:26am   
PRO
Stamps Design Services
Here are a couple of nursery ideas for you....
May 2, 2013 at 2:33am   
aimran
pink & black combo would be easiest with your curtain colours and give the most impact..
May 2, 2013 at 3:21am