Updates to a Nursery
nehachoudary
I'm expecting another baby girl this summer, and I'm planning to use my first daughter's nursery for the new baby. I want to update it a bit, any great ideas? Definitely want a new, lavender rug (the shag rug has not worn well), and of course I am going to change the name. Where can I get a great, soft, durable rug? I'd love some help and suggestions to make this room feel fresh and personalized for the new baby... please help!
oneofeleven
personally i feel there is a bit too much pink in your room. I've seen a lot of nurseries where they combine pink with gray. Why don't you paint out the yellow and purple with white or gray and get a simple gray rug? Ikea has some good choices. I'd also remove the frame around the change table. it doesn't look like it serves a purpose and detracts from the baby's name. put the new name in gray as well.
May 1, 2013 at 9:47pm     
Kevin Retired Decorator
Go Glam !!! I would go Aqua and Pink. With a bit of black maybe on the shades of the Chandelier . And soft white sheers over the whole window. Add a Zebra print lumbar pillow to the pink chair for a Glam feel. Change out the twin head board to a white iron one. Or a ornate rattan in white. Wood floors with circle rugs 3 foot round scatter 5 of them in the color scheme. For a big polka dot feel. Order some custom letters in a zebra print for the name from esty.com I feel that would update the room in a fun way.
May 2, 2013 at 2:26am   
Stamps Design Services
Here are a couple of nursery ideas for you....
May 2, 2013 at 2:33am   
aimran
pink & black combo would be easiest with your curtain colours and give the most impact..
May 2, 2013 at 3:21am   
Nursery Chair Update
Although Mom is having another girl, the new nursery...
Furniture layout and color in twin nursery
I'm trying to determine the best layout for our Twin's...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
Floor
Torn on the ebony stain for my hardwoods. I know it's...
A new countertop and backsplash for this kitchen
We want to replace the countertop in this kitchen....
Granite help! choosing Donna Sandra or Pedra Azul for white kitchen
We are remodeling our small kitchen and can't decide...