Ideas for kitchen
carolcaldwell6
Need ideas for kitchen of home we are buying. Feel it is a little outdated. Trying to decide if I should paint cabinets or just paint the walls? Tired of the same ol white cabinet look. Change out hardware? Kitchen overlooks into den area. Needs a backsplash.
ReMax - Lisa
I think I would start by painting the walls - that colour looks a bit too mustardy yellow on my screen,. Maybe a more neutral colour and a really elegant backsplash (tumbled marble?) and some brushed nickel hardware... If you can find out the cabinet manufacturer it would be nice to add some more upper cabinets to the ceiling with glass doors?
May 1, 2013 at 8:48PM     
I think if you changed the appliances to all stainless and change the hardware and faucet to a "stainless" will make the kitchen look "now".
May 1, 2013 at 9:01PM   
dchomedesign
Lisa is bang on! Do what she says :)
May 2, 2013 at 8:02AM     
Brenda
Is that the cooktop to the left of the wall ovens? I think I would raise those 4 cabinets up a foot and then crown molding to the ceiling, or remove them altogether and create more of a "hood" feel.

do you need that small center island? ... I think I might be tempted to remove it. It is making the room look crowded.

I like liza's idea on the tumbled marble splash.

I kinda like the spicy brown mustard paint. I would probably try to just pull it together with a few mustard colored acessories.

Here are a couple of Houzz kitchens (with white cabinets and mustard paint) that remind me of yours:[houzz=Divine Kitchens LLC][houzz=Arts and Crafts Kitchen]
May 2, 2013 at 8:12AM   
Inna Brodkin
i would not add more cabinets, as this looks like a locker room already. I would remove the cabinets above the cooktop and put the hood with light above it. There's no way one can use this cooktop to cook, there's no way to see what's cooking. Other than that I'd only change the paint to something more neutral and hardware to stainless steel or nickel.
May 2, 2013 at 8:27AM   
Nick Dellos Creations
Congrats on the new home! My impression is that the layout is a bit tight for what is there currently. Not sure what we can do to fix it easily, but I like the idea of removing a few things. A kitchen should feel open to be at its best!
May 2, 2013 at 8:46AM   
need help with floor stain color
thinking of doing the walls a light gray tone and trim...
Master bedroom closet
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I haven't seen to many...
Need help with this master bedroom redecorating
We are so excited to get to redecorate. Does the picture...
Need to hide my neighbors fence
Hi I need help to hide my neighbors fence. Every time...