bedroom design ideas
buddyroxy
I just bought this king size tufted bed in a beigey/grey color. I do like it a lot. We have slowly been working on the room, we removed the popcorn ceiling, texturized and painted, put in can lights, and put in new doors.

My budget is probably $1,000 for curtains, rug, night stands lamps, a few wall picture frames and new bedding. I like clean design with pops of bright color, teal is my favorite I also like oranges, yellows, and purples. I keep thinking black and white rug, dare I say zebra. Then I would need to change the bedding, Then I think teal silk drapes. HMMMM? I just love color, texture, and pattern. What are your Ideas? I'm kind of over painting for a while or hanging wall paper, I do like both I just don't have the time for them yet.
Thanks,

I will update with pictures once I decide, probably in a month :)
I think you plan sounds great. But I think painting the walls for the look you want may be needed. How about painting the bed wall a flat black? The other walls the teal you love and the black/white zebra rug would be great. Black velvet on the teal window walls would be beautiful. Dramtic paint will give you the best bang for your buck. Black accent wall..
HHL 2010 - Bedrooms
Kemptown House
1 Like   May 1, 2013 at 10:24PM
Jessica Cheeley
LOVE the bed! It would be fun to do the wall behind the bed in a different color or different texture . Really love your bed! Good luck with your remodel, we are in the same position :)
0 Likes   May 1, 2013 at 10:28PM
Ed
Hi buddy, congrats on your remodel. How much is that safety lamp by your bed, and where did you purchase it ? It looks like a good idea to install one in every room in the house...? :) Thanks.
0 Likes   May 1, 2013 at 11:35PM
buddyroxy
Thanks for the pictures. I do like :) I don't think my husband would be very excited if I painted any walls black, But I do see how it is dramatic. I may be able to do grey. also the bed is from overstock it is called Bristol.
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 5:54AM
Virtus Design
Love the bed and I agree with others to paint the wall behind the bed for a nice look without much effort and cost. A few picture frames or art work on the walls to give the room the pop of color that you like.
1 Like   May 2, 2013 at 6:01AM
buddyroxy
you guys are right. I know I should paint the wall. That's what you guys are here for. I will paint it...
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 6:09AM
Purcell Quality, Inc.
Look on Rugsusa, they typically have pretty great deals on rugs. You could get a rug with a pattern and some color in it. I agree with what others have said you need to paint the room a bit darker... It will really make your new headboard pop. Also I think swing arm wall sconces would be great over your nigh stands!
http://www.lumens.com/Real-Simple-Swing-Arm-Wall-Sconce-by-Robert-Abbey/uu142713/product
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 6:30AM
buddyroxy
I did check out rugs USA. there are so many great choices. Do you know if they have free return shipping.
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 7:05AM
Purcell Quality, Inc.
Buddy.. I am unsure. I know they have a restocking fee though. I have ordered a few of the flat weave fallon rugs, they are wonderful and the price is great. I think one of those would be great in your space!
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 7:11AM
A Crew of Two
Love the idea of zebra. This rug is cool because it is not your straight black and white. I think it will allow you to do your pops of color in a sophisticated non trendy way. The rooms below have a nice neutral background so you can again put in your pops of teal or whatever you choose. Trickett Master Bedroom 2802 Circle Dr Safari Collection Contemporary Zebra Rug Tahitian Teal Silk Taffeta Curtain Mid-Century Modern Custom Pillows
1 Like   May 2, 2013 at 10:36AM
How about teal for the bed wall?

1 Like   May 2, 2013 at 10:52AM
If you like the "clean lines" look, this duvet double stitch cover is quite nice. A nice "hotel" look.

1 Like   May 2, 2013 at 10:56AM
I would like to see the color of your headboard some where on the bed…like this pix.

Then accent with your favorite color.
Pimlico Duvet Cover

These ready made drapes with a Robert Allen fabric are $210.00. The colors seem to compliment the direction in which you want to go.
Custom Curtains or Drapes, Robert Allen Collection, Twine by Gosia Figura
DwellStudio for Robert Allen
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 11:00AM
buddyroxy
thanks for all the helpful ideas, I like to think I can design well. (to each is their own) But when its your own space there are so many options. I think I could do a teal wall I also thought about a dark grey grasscloth wallpaper, But that would probably eat up a chunck of my budget and time. I have always been fond of all white bedding. And I like the grey zebra rug too. The matching fabric for the bed and headboard is nice too, I don't think the subdued colors above for curtains is the direction I want to go though. I wonder what curtain color I should do if I did a zebra rug, a teal wall, and white bedding. (there are two comforter/pillow choices I keep thinking about which is what is partly holding me back, a grey zebra comforter from zgallerie, I thought it would look nice folded at the bottom of the bed and then I really like the two tone teal/purple silk fabric from the fabric store, I thought I could make a few pillow or sew a duvet cover with it and put that at the end of the bed....I suppose I should use it for curtains though. Gosh rereading this, I think I have an inability to do neutral colors. I probably sound like I'm living at a disco :)
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 2:49PM
Nancy Walton
For artwork, check out americanframe.com under art galery. They have a huge selection of images you can custom order in the size you want with mats and frames and they are reasonable--wouldn't use up too much of your budget. I would find a print on there you really love, the pick your accent colors out of that, it is much easier than trying to go the other way around (match artwork to colors you already have).
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 6:41PM
sjkingston
With the basics in place, suggest looking at the Houzz Photos under Bedrooms and type in Tufted Headboard. Then look for a couple pics that appeal to you to use as a guide. If you love the look but the colors aren't right, say they use your neutrals but a lime green, imagine the green items in teal for example. Should be a good guide as to how to introduce color.
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 10:29PM
sjkingston
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 10:35PM
Nancy Walton
Love that Amelia Bedroom, upper right...
0 Likes   May 2, 2013 at 10:59PM
Small bedroom design ideas/space ideas
As you can see from the photos, I've got an annoyingly...
hayleebould
bedroom design ideas
I just bought this king size tufted bed in a beigey/grey...
buddyroxy
moving to a semi small 3 bedroom apartment, need decore/design ideas
I just need basic ideas (on a budget) to make this...
lauralove456
Need design ideas for an apartment bedroom
Looking to update our apartment bedroom, but on a budget....
callen0814
Need help and design ideas for master bedroom
I have a vaulted ceiling in my m.brm (room size 18...
23011gibertdrive
Unique bedroom idea, please help! :)
Hi, I have a very unique idea for my bedroom- and I'm...
candr_art_designs
Need help choosing paint!
Want a grey paint for our main floor. Kitchen is brown:taupe....
kimba86
Need help for my living room
hi to every one i have 2 red sofas and a black...
kareine
Should I place a make-up vanity in my walk-in-closet or master bath?
I am remodeling my master suite and was wondering,...
L. Austin
Bedroom paint ideas
I have a small bedroom with espresso colored bedroom...
Laura Harris