Where do I put what in my living room, and what colour scheme should i decide on?
Sanaf Kamran
I'm about to start furnishing my new home. The living room is 5.4m x 4.3, with two entrances on opposite sides, one opening to a conservatory, which is 2.8 x 2.8 m.

I have dark brown leather sofas/recliners, 3 + 2 + 1 and a footstool/ottoman. And an additional/optional 2 seater fabric sofa (which i can put anywhere in the house really).

Please suggest where should i put what, i need to put the tv in the same room. Please also suggest colour scheme. Please bear in mind that I live in the UK, so its gloomy most of the time, I would prefer something not very dark and depressing.

PS. Those pictures were taken prior to buying the house, so that is not our furniture. I do need to repaint the walls, so need colour suggestions.
do you like what the previous buyer had done ?
May 2, 2013 at 12:32PM   
Sanaf Kamran
Thanks for answering Dytecture. Not very much. Also, we have more space now, as we don't need to put the dining table in the living room.
May 6, 2013 at 11:04AM   
A Crew of Two
The dark brown leather is going to limit you. A soft butter color would add some brightness to the room. Have the two sofas face each other on either side of the fireplace. A blue tufted ottoman for a coffee table look. Kirkland Tanditional Yellow Fallon Rug Handmade Oushak Slate Blue/ Ivory Wool Rug Gordon Tufted Ottoman Julian Tufted Ottoman and Bench
May 6, 2013 at 11:47AM   
A Crew of Two
Paint, just a soft white....keep it bright and clean.
May 6, 2013 at 11:53AM   
Sanaf Kamran
thank you very much Kelly! will post some more pics after placing the furniture, and after the wall paint is done.
May 14, 2013 at 10:57AM   
Sanaf Kamran
also, there is not enough space to put two sofas facing each other in front of the fireplace.
May 14, 2013 at 11:01AM   
soto01
Where is the fireplace located on the drawing? I do not see it on the drawing at all. Also, the plan seems a bit closed off to me. I don't know if you are a fan of the open floor plan or not; but I would open the wall up in the family room between the entrance and kitchen and family room. Keep the wall between the living room and family room. I would open up that kitchen wall as well as far as you can anyway because the kitchen is so small and closed off. If you don't need a living room and a family room, you could make that family room a nice dining room across from the kitchen. You could put a long sofa or even sectional on that long living room wall with some chairs. You could make a nice office area in that small L-shaped space behind the half bath and stair wall.
February 4, 2014 at 8:18AM   
What should I put on my living room walls?
Moved into our new house 3 months ago and am at a loss...
What colour should I paint my wall in my living room?
My friends say I should repaint my wall a neutral colour...
What do I need to do with this space?
Just got the Farm House table, bench, and hutch for...
need help for florring
Renovating my house. need advice for florring. i should...
Curtain panel selection-
Which is a better fit for this place? The beige or...
bathroom on a budget help
Hi everyone, was just coming for a little advice. Being...
Flush mount cooktop
I am looking at installing a Wolf Flushmount cooktop...