How Much Does a French Drain Cost in New Jersey?
A-1 Basement Solutions
May 2, 2013 in Other
How Much Does a French Drain Cost?

Let’s just jump in now and talk price. Let’s get right to the bottom line. I’m all for getting down to it, but we just have to first make sure that we are talking about the same thing here. Apples and apples as it were. How much does a French Drain cost?

As we discussed earlier, there are different types of French Drains. Just as there are different contractors, there are different ways to do the same job. The French Drain cost from a contractor who does a shallow channel will vary from the French Drain cost of a contractor who does a deep channel system. A VW Jetta and a Mercedes S550 are both German cars and both will get you to work on time, but there is quite a difference between the two.

Installed underneath the basement floor on the inside perimeter of the basement and while commonly referred to as a French Drain is what we call a Bonded Deep Channel Pressure Relief System. This is because we dig a deep channel, it relieves the hydrostatic pressure (water pressure) from the footing area, and the drain is bonded to the house with Polydrain wallboard.

Here is how A-1 Basement Solutions does a French Drain (Bonded Deep Channel Pressure Relief System):
First we do prep work; we move your stuff and cover it with plastic and lay tarps across the floor.
The inside perimeter of the floor is cut approximately one foot from the wall. A trench is excavated and pitched.
Where possible, the lowest course of block is tapped and bled (weep holes) in order to drain the walls.
Fully slotted, non-biodegradable, polyethylene drainage pipe to deliver the water to the sump is installed.
To discharge the water, we will install a 3,000 GPH submersible pump* in a covered polyethylene liner.
Polydrain wallboard is installed over the bottom of the wall and over the entire trench in the basement.
The wallboard and drainage pipe are covered over with gravel.
The basement floor is re-cemented to its original level.

*Note: Basement perimeter of < 124’ = 1 sump pump; 125’-249’= 2 sump pumps.

Next we do the clean-up work; we remove the plastic and sweep the floor broom clean while removing all debris from your property.
Then we treat the entire basement with an anti-microbial Mold Spray.
Finally we seal any cracks in the floors and walls with 2 Part Hardened Epoxy to limit radon intrusion into the home.
The Bonded Deep Channel Pressure Relief System (French Drains) is usually installed in 1 day by A-1 Basement Solutions experienced staff. The system is maintenance free once installed.

The French Drain cost depends on the size of your basement. It is calculated by the linear feet around the perimeter of the basement. So, if your basement is 36’ wide and 24’ long, your perimeter footage would be 120’ [36+24+36+24=120]
How much does basement waterproofing cost in New Jersey?
One of the most frequent questions that I am asked...
New Jersey Full Service French Drain
When we say French Drains inside the basement we are...
Top 5 French Drain Problems and Solutions in New Jersey
You are considering getting a French Drain and here...
Need help for boat
Hello, need help with the living room of my boat: 3...
Ana
Ugly black stone fireplace!
We just purchased a brand new house and my husband...
Can a mirror console be use as a tv stand?
I want to use a mirror console for as my media tv stand,...
Trim Color Help!
We are painting all walls in our home Ben Moore Bleeker...
Need help with shutters and front door colors.
I recently had a new roof put on my house, I took off...