Living room, dining room in new house, please suggest paint colours
Karin Dhar
Just bought a house on the East Coast. It has a north facing living room and dining that will need new paint ASAP. Any suggestions much appreciated. Considering BM Pashmina, muslin, coastal path for living, not sure about dining.
Karin Dhar
Bump for help
May 3, 2013 at 7:19PM   
Hummingbird Designs
You have a lovely room ..... What colour is your furniture . Pick a colour you like and do the rooms same colours but go a shade lighter in the room with less light.
May 3, 2013 at 7:55PM   
Design Mode
I suggest that you paint it your favourite colour, and the good folks at your local paint store can help you discover what that is. I think STONEHENGE GREIGE 515-5 by Pittsburgh Paints would look clean, warm, and funky.
http://www.voiceofcolor.com/digital-color/paint-colors/stonehenge-greige-515-5
Your look is contemporary - reflecting the look of the times. Go with it until something sticks with you. Then you can consult professionals and pay them for their expertise. You will not regret that investment. Eventually you will understand what you want, think things over, and buy what you love.
May 3, 2013 at 8:05PM   
Stamps Design Services
With a northern exposure light will be limited, I would recommend any color that has a warmth to it, perhaps Candle Glow? Since the rooms are open to each other, using the same paint throughout both will give the spaces of unity and using two different paints will give them the feeling of separation.
May 3, 2013 at 8:11PM     
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
To make the most of the light use a Blue/Gray for the ceilings. One rule of thumb you might want to use is to paint the rooms in a White with a little warmth. Furnish the rooms to your liking and live with it for another year. The right color for you will become obvious and paint is a modest investment.
March 26, 2014 at 8:02AM   
KShoa
Northern light has a bluish/grayish tint to it, so I'd be careful if you're using those colors, they may get intensified. Warmer colors will balance it more.
March 26, 2014 at 10:52AM   
Exterior paint colors for shop
This is a large building, 1000sq feet is an apartment,...
Counter stools
Any suggestions on counter stools? I need three and...
Bathroom window
We need a window covering of some type on our bathroom...
Front loader washer and dryers or top loading?
I need new ones and want to know which is better?
need help choosing paint color for family room
This is a small room. One wall holds our tv set in...