Help Design Man Cave
Chris Rocas
Hello All, I am trying to convert a basement area I have that is finished into a man cave. I am renting but the space down their is great. THe room is closed off and measure 22' x 13'

It is very white, has 8 foot ceiling and white floor tiles. THe problem i have right now is that I noticed it echos alot.

I want some inspriation and ideas of turning this into the ultimate man cave.
Brenda
you mentioned you are renting ... can you paint?
May 3, 2013 at 12:08pm   
Hi Chris..since you're renting, I'd start with selecting carpet tiles for style and will cut down on the echo in the room. The beauty of carpet tiles, you can design any way you like and is easy to clean an individual piece. When you move, you can take them with you and reconfigure to any size/space you may have later. After you pick the carpet (get a black leather sofa for your man cave) then, you can put toss pillows in a color from the floor tile. What are your hobbies/interests? You can photograph your subject matter, then have them enlarged to poster size, frame and you have personal art inexpensively. Basements can be dark. How about arc lamp? I've seen them as low as $75 on ebay (the silver ball globe kind) -with free shipping.
Living Room + Kitchen + Eating Area in Urban townhome
Brella Arc Floor Lamp - White - Buy Floor Lamps Lighting & Arco Floor Lamp - Mil
May 3, 2013 at 12:10pm     
Chris Rocas
I love the Carpet Tile Idea -- I want to get rid of the cold Floor! I cannot paint so the walls will be a challenge. As for my interests I love sports!
May 3, 2013 at 1:53pm   
For art, you can buy sports jerseys and frame them..or for a different twist, put hooks on the wall and hang them. Or inexpensive posters and frame them. Fatheads.com has wall decals you can remove also.
May 3, 2013 at 2:20pm   
carolins
Yep, carpet tiles or rug(s)
So, I'm guessing large TV? Are you anywhere near an Ikea?
They have great sectionals that actually come apart, so easier to get downstairs. And they also have great display units for a collection of sports related items. And lighting...
May 3, 2013 at 2:32pm   
Chris Rocas
I Like that..What type of carpet tiles would you do to keep it "manly"..
May 3, 2013 at 3:39pm   
Chris Rocas
I am contemplating actually making it a more "lounge" kicked back kind of feel and not as "sporty". Any thoughts?
May 3, 2013 at 3:49pm   
carolins
If you go for the carpet tiles, check out the FLOR website. They offer so many different pile heights, colours and patterns, and you can mix them all if you like. Or keep everything neutral beige, or black and white, or... options are endless.

To give you some ideas (follow the link under the picture)

May 4, 2013 at 12:34am   
Brenda
If you type "man cave" into Houzz, prepare to be shocked. On the first page alone there was an indoor putting green, a humidor the size of my dining room, and an actual faux rock cave.

So, back in the real world, what I've noticed that most men want in their "cave" are:

1). The biggest big screen TV that will fit, plus maybe another tv or two so that you can watch multiple games simultaniously
2). A bar or Kegerator
3). A comfortable, probably reclining, chair (of the type that the wife will not allow in the living room)
4). Their collection of bobble-heads, signed baseballs, keg taps, beer steins ...
5). Art and or sports memorabilia (of the type that the wife will not allow in the living room)
6). A poker table
7). Some other "game" table (pool, fuseball, ping pong, pinball, ...)
May 6, 2013 at 2:01pm   
Man cave/ Bedroom/ Media Room designs! Help!
For my sweet 16 I get to remodel my room. I want a...
Need help designing a affordable man cave
I have a 15ft by 20ft basement set up all walls with...
Help me turn this room from cave-man to man-cave
Looking to update an odd 'L' shaped office room/play...
Classy man cave house design ideas
I live alone in a very small house (about 900 sq. feet.),...
Need Design Ideas for my husband's Man Cave.
My husband is coming home from the Air Force in three...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
Bar height dinning table?
Would like to put a bar height dinning room table in...
'Need help for front of house- front steps and porch"
I don't know whether to put a vinly awning on the top...
How do we decorate this?
Our family room has been looking rough lately because...
custom vs semi custom cabinetry
We are remodeling our kitchen. Is the cost of custom...