Need Help determining Trim color also rear of House Hardy Plank and Pool House
dthoman
We just bought this house and I'm not a fan of red brick in general.. The brick here is rather deep, dark so it isn't in your face red. Also there are some dark grayish bricks scattered in the mix. We are trying to make this house look Modern as best we can. Please give ideas on the Color od the trim. I was thinking a deep gray.
Additionally you can see the rear of the home and the pool house have hardy plank. I would like to determine a color that will fit for this as well.

Thanks
mousemaker
I don't think it's meant to look modern :) it's more Downton Abbey :) at least in the front. Maybe what you could do is change the landscaping and make it less staid and formal..something more English cottage garden would loosen it up and bring into this century. I love the brick and white, it looks classic and the lines are great.
i'm sure you will get lots of ideas from people who know much more than I do!!
0 Likes   May 3, 2013 at 1:45PM
dthoman
Thanks I know we can't change the house's lines in to a modern home.. But I was thinking a deep dark trim would help make it look not so Classic.
0 Likes   May 3, 2013 at 1:48PM
Rockin' Fine Finish
i was thinking of painting the hardy gunmetal gray and the trim a light gray. the front facade is traditinal and the back isnt as much trying to blend both is the trick red brick with gray works
0 Likes   May 3, 2013 at 1:49PM
dthoman
So you are saying the trim lighter than the siding? Interesting
0 Likes   May 3, 2013 at 1:53PM
Colom and Brit Interiors
You're home is beautiful! I agree with mousemaker, will be hard to make it modern but I think you can paint the shutters grey and switch out the door for one with small window panels. I think adding copper accents will help too. This image has a great front door, grey shutters and a copper awning. Good luck!
0 Likes   May 3, 2013 at 1:53PM
sstarr
@dthoman, This house appears to be in the style of an English country house; those houses would have originally have used local stone (creamy gray) above and below the windows. Also using gray on the rear of the house should make it look less busy, though it would be nice to pick up some details in white, like your deck railing.
1 Like   May 3, 2013 at 2:11PM
Rockin' Fine Finish
@ dthoman the lighter trim will go well with a darker gray siding as well as the brick if you go bold with the trim like black your shutters are black i dont think that will work what color were you thinking for the trim?
0 Likes   May 3, 2013 at 5:32PM
bluenan
old post
0 Likes   March 31, 2014 at 8:12AM
Fireplace facelift?
I am trying to revamp my fireplace. Picture 1 is how...
omexus
Kitchen remodeling
My sister just moved bought a house which already has...
melmelia
Dysfunctional family room
This community was so helpful with my pantry dilemma...
Laurie
Unique bedroom idea, please help! :)
Hi, I have a very unique idea for my bedroom- and I'm...
candr_art_designs
Garage size question.
We are finally going to tear down this original storage...
felixg