Wall color
flygirlred
I'm wondering what wall color to use in this room (see photo). I want to minimize the contrast between the walls and the fireplace. I thought of using a Kilim Beige or Edgecomb Gray type of color (brownish beige). But I want to keep the room as light and bright as I can...it is in a walkout basement. Also, the rest of my house is costal cottage colors (greens, blues, whites). But this room has me scratching my head color-wise. Please help :).
studio10001
Photo didn't post.
May 3, 2013 at 6:40PM     
Rockin' Fine Finish
There's a couple of other posts without pics
May 3, 2013 at 9:55PM     
Ed
Rockin', "a couple" :) Per day. It has to do with the Houzz website -- somewhere on Houzz, there is an easy way for the user to post a question like this one -- which happens daily -- with no photo or link. Houzz can most likely fix the interface so this happens less often. :)
May 4, 2013 at 2:31AM     
Ironwood Builders
Ed, I emailed Houzz about this problem...they weren't too motivated to fix it. They suggested I bring it to their attention when it happens. So we either flood them with the problem or learn to live with it...I am choosing to ignore it for now!
May 4, 2013 at 8:34AM     
nasmijati
@flygirlred. Photos must be in jpeg format to attach to Houzz.
May 4, 2013 at 8:39AM   
Madeline
@Ironwood. That doesn't seem like you!
May 4, 2013 at 12:01PM   
Ironwood Builders
Madeline, I am really quite busy being a contractor and the time I have for Houzz I want to use helping people, not policing or cleaning up the site. I told them as much....
May 4, 2013 at 8:54PM     
onthefence
Further, Houzz seems to have staff here on a regular basis resurrecting old posts. I would think policing and cleaning up the site could more easily be done by those staff that are already looking at posts.
May 5, 2013 at 2:19PM     
Ironwood Builders
You'd think...
May 5, 2013 at 4:59PM     
You know what? Let's just ignore these. We should be addressing those who take the time to attach pictures. I certainly do not want to suggest anything blind-foldered.
May 5, 2013 at 5:12PM   
nasmijati
@flygirlred. Do you have a photo for us? We are very cranky while we wait for one. When we see photos of your space, we will be able to help you.
May 5, 2013 at 5:55PM   
Madeline
I understand Ironwood. I'm very sorry I said it in that way. It's hard to convey light-heartedness! I'm reacting because this is my new addiction and there doesn't seem to be many new posts for a "world-wide" site like this and this really surprises me and leaves me with nothing to read at one a.m. when I can't sleep. What ARE all of those numbers down at the bottom of the page for Dilemma's. Also, I want to point out that there are probably lots of people (like me) who tried and couldn't attach photos and just gave up. In my situation it was in no way critical because I wasn't posting. But I've read many comments where people have said they've tried to add images and their efforts failed. Perhaps Houzz can figure out a way to simplify that part of the process because the other part -- getting all sorts of kind-hearted experts to comment on one's decor problems -- is just so fascinating and I have to think fulfilling. Just to add my two centimes I think it's really dumb to have a Houzz staff member follow up on a poster from like 12 months ago just to see if she painted her wall. @Ironwood. As a contractor in California I am particularly delighted that you are "quite busy being a contractor." Although if you get too too busy I'll never be able to afford a house up in your neck of the woods.
May 5, 2013 at 5:58PM     
Ironwood Builders
Madeline, No need to apologize! I was in no way offended or upset by your words...I'm frustrated that a continuing problem brought to the tech support's attention received the advice for the post responders to bring individual posts to them...when it is obvious it is not a rare occurrence.
May 5, 2013 at 6:52PM     
flygirlred
Darn! Sorry, I can't get the picture to attach. I will try to make it a jpg but will probably have to wait for my husband to get home to help me figure out how to turn a pdf into a jpg.
May 6, 2013 at 12:40PM   
flygirlred
FYI, my fireplace is clad in a creamsicle orange, and chocolate brown flagstone
May 6, 2013 at 12:42PM   
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Where is the picture. Edgecomb gray has alot of pink in it.
May 6, 2013 at 12:48PM   
Need Help Choosing Mirror and Sconces for Tired Bathroom
I am in the process of remodeling my small guest bathroom....
Dividing "bonus" room
I need help with dividing our very large, very awkward...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Update a family room
I want to modernize my family room and take it out...