Kitchen appliance help needed!
sally216
May 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are in the process of redesigning our kitchen. We are a family with busy parents, 21 yo fitness fiend (lad), 18 yo uni student (lad), 16 yo school student (lassie). We cook every day (lots of food) particularly BBQs, roasts, stews, soups, fish, the odd cake & pudding. Our moulinex mix master is broken and held together with rubber bands and we are about to renovate! We are looking at a 60cm Miele moisture plus oven (coz it has the biggest internal dimensions and should be good for roasts and we bake in the oven almost every day), a Miele warming drawer (which also slow cooks, warms plates in winter and warms meals for late teenagers) and a Thermomix. We had a Miele cooking demo today for a combi steam oven and while it is great, we think given space is at a premium, the appliances specified above (plus a cooktop) should be fine. All comments welcome. Thank you for your help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Main Line Kitchen Design
Design your kitchen with a professional kitchen designer first. They will help you figure out which appliances will work best and not compromise the design. Whatever you do have the design finalized before you buy any appliances. In my opinion a 60 cm oven is very small and in the US would be frowned on by most designers as a primary oven. We cook 24lb turkeys so a 24" oven isn't even manufactured by American companies anymore, they fell out of fashion in the 1980's. You need professional help in deciding how you will allocate both space and your budget to make sensible decisions. I love the Miele steam oven and maybe with professional design help it can fit into your design and your budget.
0 Likes   May 4, 2013 at 7:01AM