Kitchen appliance help needed!
sally216
We are in the process of redesigning our kitchen. We are a family with busy parents, 21 yo fitness fiend (lad), 18 yo uni student (lad), 16 yo school student (lassie). We cook every day (lots of food) particularly BBQs, roasts, stews, soups, fish, the odd cake & pudding. Our moulinex mix master is broken and held together with rubber bands and we are about to renovate! We are looking at a 60cm Miele moisture plus oven (coz it has the biggest internal dimensions and should be good for roasts and we bake in the oven almost every day), a Miele warming drawer (which also slow cooks, warms plates in winter and warms meals for late teenagers) and a Thermomix. We had a Miele cooking demo today for a combi steam oven and while it is great, we think given space is at a premium, the appliances specified above (plus a cooktop) should be fine. All comments welcome. Thank you for your help!
Main Line Kitchen Design
Design your kitchen with a professional kitchen designer first. They will help you figure out which appliances will work best and not compromise the design. Whatever you do have the design finalized before you buy any appliances. In my opinion a 60 cm oven is very small and in the US would be frowned on by most designers as a primary oven. We cook 24lb turkeys so a 24" oven isn't even manufactured by American companies anymore, they fell out of fashion in the 1980's. You need professional help in deciding how you will allocate both space and your budget to make sensible decisions. I love the Miele steam oven and maybe with professional design help it can fit into your design and your budget.
0 Likes   May 4, 2013 at 7:01AM
guccilina
Need help with very small kitchen with white appliances I have to keep, everything else can go!
Can we use wood cabinets in a kitchen with white appliances?...
Jennifer
Need help with kitchen appliances
redoing a kitchen in a highend rental, beachfront and...
chriskellar1
Need help with kitchen appliances
I'm remodeling my kitchen and am totally confused about...
lindylou2
Need help getting new appliances for an old kitchen
I am getting new appliances for an old kitchen and...
hundleyp
Need Advice for ceiling colour
I'm trying to decide if I should make the ceilings...
Lila Cormier
Small Bathroom, only 21" width for sink
Should I even replace my wall hung sink? What is available...
bippy2001
Need help with log cabin kitchen/dining room
My husband and I recently purchased a lakeside log...
kabiej
Some recent home office designs... Enjoy...
We use true-to-life images to present our ideas to...
Vanguard development LA
new look
I want to remodle our family room. I want to bring...
negean