Kitchen Renovation Layout Ideas
Bob Bridger
I have a couple ideas on how to I'd like to renovate the kitchen but looking for other ideas as well, only really looking for layout ideas but any suggestions are welcomed! It's going to be a (long) work in progress as with the rest of the house, so budget and what not aren't really that important.

My idea
Fridge where the stove is.
Sink under the window
stove next to where the fridge is currently located with a over the range micro.
Wall separating the living and kitchen removed with the exception of a couple supports as its a load bearing and in it's place a island that will also extend into the kitchen on an angle for place to put some stools

Don't have dimensions yet sorry, but I do have pictures.
RL MORTON & ASSOCIATES, PC
Couple things - can you move the door to the exterior - a couple feet (or more) to the left of where it is now, i am not sure what the door is presently hitting in the open position? if you can, you could gain some counter and cabinet space on the exterior wall. I am ok with the refrigerator and the range swapping positions but I would move the range 18" (min) to the left of where the refrigerator is now and have an 18" base cabinet and countertop to the right of the range. Are you going to add a dishwasher? This could be in the island. You could also explore a cooktop in the island and a wall micowave/oven combo instead of the range.
May 4, 2013 at 9:40AM     
DMH DESIGN
Hi Bob, Here is an idea for you. Without moving the outside door, your space is very limited--I understand that would likely impact the dining (?) area on the back side of the door. Therefore, using the floor tile as a guide for the size of the space, I believe this (image attached) is a possible solution. I would leave the refer where it is, moving the sink is a good idea. You don't appear to have a m/w oven, or a d/w, so I have accounted for these things. With respect to opening up the Living and Kitchen to each other, that is possible, but only upon the advice of a structural engr., which I am not, so I didn't address this. Otherwise, this is a starting place, and if you want more detailed information you can email me directly. Good luck with the project!
May 4, 2013 at 10:32AM     
Bob Bridger
I like the idea of moving the door but I think I'll be making a lot more work for myself. Its hitting a radiator so I would have to move that as well. Def something to consider tho as it would free up some space. I also like your idea of cook top on the island, which I could get a sleek electric top. (no natural gas currently propane) that would look nice. Thanks for the comment and good ideas!!
May 4, 2013 at 10:40AM   
Bob Bridger
DMH-thanks for the design I like it ! Will be exploring options using this layout for sure!
May 4, 2013 at 10:44AM   
need help for main floor renovation-specifically kitchen layout
hello! we just bought a house and are immediately planning...
Kitchen renovation - does layout work?
We are renovating our kitchen and would really appreciate...
Kitchen Layout Renovation Conundrum
Tiny kitchen (10x12?) in Dutch Colonial home; it has...
Kitchen renovation and layout
We live in a 65 year old house and are making open...
back splash to coordinate with Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo?
Our kitchen is being installed but I'm stuck as to...
LANDSCAPING HELP! Front of house - Landscaping - Ashby, MA
The width of the house is 38'. The front yard is 105'...
Bachelor's First Condo HELP!!
Mid 20s young professional who just recently purchased...
Help!!! Biscuit or white fixtures in bathrooms.
Is using biscuit out. Should I stick with white? ...
Foyer light
I have a 40" silver colored orb light, chandelier in...