need help on storing or displaying or organizing cookie cutters
pearsefranklin
May 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
i have a large number of cookie cutters. i would like to have a better place for them than rubbermaid containers in my new kitchen which we r planning to build. any ideas? are there any cabinets in the market which I can incorporate in my kitchen.
thanks in advance!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
HERE Design and Architecture
Mine live in plastic bins as well because I really only use them during the holidays. One of the issues that I find with them is that they are often made of cheap metal and they rust. Consequently, I like to keep them away from humidity and also away from dust, because it's hard to clean the dust out of the cracks without using water.

After saying all of that, if you use them frequently and want to have them out where you can see them, you might consider hanging them on a tack board of some kind or even in a shallow case with a glass front.
May 4, 2013 at 12:07PM     
momof5x
Wash the cookie cutters thoroughly in warm soapy water, then dry each one using a kitchen absorbent paper. For metal ones you can leave in a warm oven for a few minutes so they dry completely then store them in Ziplock bags. Non metal ones you can leave out to dry for at least for a few hours before storing the same way or in cookie tins. If you can get to the difficult parts to wash it, use a dish or bottle brush.
May 4, 2013 at 12:30PM   
pearsefranklin
Thanks for the suggestion. I had invested in some nice copper ones, which I don't like them to be stashed away. They are beautiful to look at. By the way I do collect cookie cutters. Cabinet with glass front is a nice idea. I am planning for a long pantry type cabinet with some sort of peg board attached inside it. And have some pegs glued. I once saw this on the Internet as DIY project. I am no DYI person. So I have to look for something already made. Yes u r right on cutters getting rusty. I had many a heart breaks by that. Thanks.
May 4, 2013 at 12:37PM