Kitchen/refrigerator issue
speedytx
Need help with Kitchen refrigerator area. I'm having some cabinets redone and crown molding added. I want to have a built in look for the fridge, so that maybe cabinets or a closet will go in the empty space to the right of it, as well as a small cabinet over the top of it. Questions are;

1. Am trying to not sheet rock this area. But not sure what an oak plywood "slab" would like like on the right side, adjoining the sheetrock which continues down the hall. My cabinet guy has the same issue. Although he did say that we could use a "slab" looking piece of plywood and dress it up with molding. We never came up with a solution yet. Any ideas?

2. Doube ovens to the left of the fridge. Should we move them out from the wall so that they are flush with fridge or leave them offset a bit?

Thanks
momof5x
There are some samples from Houzz here, I like the first one best and I think it would work perfectly with your space.

A Swedish Influence

Kitchen at the Coast ( notice the colour too)

Custom kitchens
May 4, 2013 at 1:02pm     
Jayme H.
Because the fridge and oven are not flush, I think they would look better not butted up together unless the oven was built out more..I would move the fridge over more..fill that gap between oven and fridge with a staggered unit / trim/ something...which ties into the cabinetry which will go around the fridge.
May 4, 2013 at 2:44pm   
Ed
Hi Speedy, probably move the double oven flush with the fridge would look better.
Just an idea -- SW 7603 Poolhouse --
May 4, 2013 at 2:49pm   
Ed
Hi Speedy, SW 2840 Hammered Silver --
May 4, 2013 at 2:53pm   
belleandlucy
what is behind the inside wall in back of fridge could you perhaps recess the fridge in to be flush with the ovens?
May 4, 2013 at 3:00pm   
Designing Richmond
View these images... They show how it's usually done!
May 4, 2013 at 3:49pm     
Jayme H.
May 4, 2013 at 3:52pm   
Designing Richmond
If you go with the flush look... In your case since your guy gave you a 30" cabinet for your ovens (I usually do a 33" cabinet which gives a small amount of cabinet showing to the right and left of the ovens) You would do well to keep that panel to the left of the refrigerator... it will break up the metal on metal look... Usually it's not necessary as the side of the oven cabinet works as a panel!
May 4, 2013 at 3:54pm   
speedytx
Thank you all for the ideas! Ed, that is the color I just painted over, can you believe? However, it was only on two walls, so, I went with the old standby, beige. I know, I know. Wanted to do a silver, but given the amount of natural light available, I kept it as light as possible. Kitchen has only two windows and opens into the dining with limited natural light.
May 4, 2013 at 6:08pm   
Ed
Speedy! Wow! What are the odds?!? :)
May 4, 2013 at 6:27pm   
Ironwood Builders
Speedy, bear in mind that the doors to your refrigerator will be outside of the side panels similar to momof5x example 'kitchen at the coast".
May 4, 2013 at 7:57pm   
refrigerator clearance issues
The only place for our fridge is in the corner 6 "...
Would this refrigerator layout be an issue with floorplan?
Does anyone have any problems with their refrigerator...
Counter depth refrigerator issue
Does anyone know where I could find a 27"d x 34"w x...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
living room
The room is our "living room" although we really don't...
Help bathroom remodeling
I am moving into a condo with two full baths on the...
Entry Way Help Needed
Trying to get new ideas for the entryway. The left...
Area Rug - What size is best for my room?
I have a great room size 22 x16 feet, what size area...