Should we paint the brick and if so, what color?
Atalie
This is a horrible looking home my husband bought on the bay in Florida years before we married. We want to update the look of the home and have considered painting the brick, removing the shutters, and replacing the garage doors. We want an over all change for the exterior!
Rockin' Fine Finish
I think you could and it would look very nice as long as you use an elastomeric paint and prep the brick well
May 5, 2013 at 7:56am     
Atalie
Any color suggestions?
May 5, 2013 at 8:28am   
Interiors International, Inc.
Instead of paint I would put lap siding on it and go for the "Key West" look. I love the metal roof which gets you half way there.
May 5, 2013 at 8:36am     
Color Zen
I always suggest hiring a designer to recolor/restyle your exterior photo (I do this for my own clients). For a reasonable price, you can explore options before jumping into risky changes. It is so helpful! Paint will do wonders here :) I would paint everything, including the brick- lighten things up. Good luck!
May 5, 2013 at 8:37am     
Rockin' Fine Finish
You could also stain brick but I think with red brick you would need to go dark . For paint colors I like gunmetal gray with the black shutters and a white trim or light gray trim or pewter cast gray with white trim and
May 5, 2013 at 8:54am     
Where do we begin?
My wife and I would like to remodel part of our basement...
Need help with under cabinet LED lighting
I'm having MAJOR stress figuring out what to use for...
What decorative items do you hate the most?
It does not have to be overused or trend that should...
One piece toilet?
Our master bathroom is TINY, more so than even the...