Help please! Needing creative furniture layout for long condo room with den!
jojo2579
I need help thinking through the furniture layout on this condo...long and 12ft wide, but with a 12x12 'den' off the living room which I would like to incorporate into the living room with glass French doors...any ideas? ..and thanks!!
A Crew of Two
Is it possible to make the door a pocket door? Do you have furniture already? If not choose furniture that is small in scale so it does not overwhelm the room. Nothing overstuffed. By doing this you can bring in more seating without the room feeling crowded. If you face the sofa towards the large wall you can place your TV there if you need it in this room. Float the sofa so you have a 32" walkway behind the sofa. Do you need to get a dining room in here as well? If so how many do you need to seat? Sorry so many questions. A round pedestal table will be the best for dining. They come in many sizes. another option is a drop leaf table. A new light fixture too. Something that does not stop the eye. Contemporary Basement Remodel Jennifer Brouwer Design Inc Summer Home on Martha's Vineyard Traditional Dining Room Spanish Style Living Room Fireplace Dining Room Globe Pendant
0 Likes   May 5, 2013 at 9:22AM
jojo2579
Thanks Kelly!! All good ideas.. I don't think I can make the door a pocket door at this time..I love pocket doors and have them in my other home as they are such great space savers! Yes, I have to get a dining room in here too! The entire condo is 32x42.. but this main room is narrow. I like the idea of floating the couch to designate the living space...with maybe two chairs facing it (set in front of the window?,..the view is of the Alaska inland passage and is very pretty so I don't want to block it too much. I am wondering how, if I leave the doors open to the den, to incorporate it into the living...perhaps art/long thin table on far wall of the den looking back into the living? thanks for your ideas...really appreciate them!
1 Like   May 5, 2013 at 9:27AM
jojo2579
...Oh, and yes, that light fixture is going going gone! I actually think I may not put one in the dining, but hang two pendants over the kitchen bar area instead...maybe just put a recessed warm spot on a dimmer for over the dining room...
0 Likes   May 5, 2013 at 9:39AM
No doors at all why? Which room for TV. Are you buying new furn? Need more to go on.
1 Like   May 5, 2013 at 9:41AM
So where hang lite is will be a dining area? I like pendant idea instead of hanging. Can you just put bar stools in and forgo table? Or use space by window with view for a small rectangle dark wood table 4 chairs in a color leather or a print fabric. Just panels on each end. Paint. Add bar stools. Buy low sleek sectional float facing window. Make it L shape with long 6-7 ft return on left side. Along long wall. A large 40" round coffee table. Pick a soft solid color for sec. Then in Den make that your media room. Big overstuffed sofa and chair flat screen on low media ottoman in front of sofa. Of course plants and art work do floor lamp behind sec by big wall if in budget add chandelier. over dining by window. Remove doors to den completely. Paint a warm color. Paint all rooms the same color.
1 Like   May 5, 2013 at 9:55AM
Place long rectangle mirror in frame on wall between slider and den wall big 8x10 area rug. Pick color and use for accents. Area in den also.
1 Like   May 5, 2013 at 9:57AM
jojo2579
No interior doors sound like a good option...We are not really TV watchers..definitely not in the living room, and if in the den area yes, a flat screen would be great. I want to use that room for desk books too. small room but I think it could work. Yes, I want to buy all new furniture...and am starting to look...just don't know what I will need which brings me back to the layout...thanks much for your input re the furniture selection. I like the ideas very much..starting to get an image now...
0 Likes   May 5, 2013 at 10:06AM
Need help for furniture layout in condo living room
I will be buying new living room furniture for my new...
Need help with furniture layout/design in long living room.
This is a large long bowling alley living room (we...
Need help for long and narrow rec room furniture layout.
This room will be used for tv watching / gaming and...
Family Room Dilemma - need creative furniture layout suggestions!
Hi. Our current home possesses a huge gigantic family...
need help with furniture layout ideas for my den.
Trying to figure out where to put what. What wall...
Breathing new life into an old Cape Cod style farmhouse
My husband and I just bought this house and couldn't...
Backsplash help!!!
Hi my kitchen is all done except backsplash and paint....
Just read the article on staging a home for sale. I...
Ugly heater in bed room
Hi Anybody now, how could I hide this object in my...
Need help with accent wall & bedroom color
Hi - My husband and I are closing on our first house...