Ultimate laundry room
Beth Bourque
We lost our house in a fire and are rebuilding. I was thinking that a nice kitchen is a must, but the ultimate laundry room would be awesome. I actually enjoy doing laundry. It's pretty mindless and relaxing.
What I was thinking is that it should also have other uses. My pantry was in my last one and I loved it, but my freezer was in the garage and that will now be in the room. I sew and I want an area for that, as well. I am going to leave out my 'office' from the new house, so I'm going to station my computer in this room...as well as a small tv with a place to put my feet up while I surf and veg out. I know...bad habit, but I need chill time and that's what I do. Now then, I used a spare bedroom as a craft room and where I wrap presents very artfully. That needs to go here along with a (collapsible or hide-away?) tabletop for it. So as long as I'm at it, I figured that the addition of a sofa or futon would also enhance the room make it a more family friendly space. It will be the side entrance coming in from the garage with hooks for coats and will lead into the kitchen. And let's not forget we need a sink next to the washer.
Does anyone have anything like this? Pictures?
nasmijati
Wow. Your laundry room/mud room/craft room/office/sitting room sounds pretty amazing in theory.

Try looking on Houzz PHOTOS, and start an Ideabook with your favorite photos. Even if the photo is a "maybe," add it right then. It is almost impossible to find a specific photo on Houzz. There are more than one million of them, and the order of presentation changes several times a day as new photos are added. It is easy to delete a photo from an Ideabook.

Are there any specific colors you prefer?
May 6, 2013 at 4:43pm   
nasmijati
Kelly, you type faster than I do!!
May 6, 2013 at 4:53pm   
A Crew of Two
lol....
May 6, 2013 at 4:54pm   
Sharon
Beth, your room will be great! Perfect woman cave! Sorry to hear you had a fire.
May 6, 2013 at 5:09pm   
Beth Bourque
Thanks for the help. I had come across a few of these as it was, but not all. I've related my idea to our designer and he was intrigued. I'm officially calling it a Hen House as there are six females in our house that chatter like crazy and my poor husband needs some relief. While Man Caves are nice, I'd much rather reap the benefit of a special room and let him have the rest of the house - and I am really referring to the recliner in front of the TV!
May 15, 2013 at 3:59pm     
Exterior help?
Any suggestions for giving this home some style and...
Desperately needing a focal point
The furniture that I thought I'd lost a shot at reappeared...
Living room unworkable?
I have two big teenage boys who like to watch TV with...
Designing a wood wall
I'm trying to get a nice design for a wall I want...
Need Help for Living Room
Hi, We are just looking to entirely redesign our new...