Decorating using grey color
aichoucha
Hi,

I like the grey color very much but I have noticed it can easily be dull. I want to decorate my powder room using this grey tile , what color should be the sink and what color do you think I should add to it? Thanks
Steve A
it comes down to whether or not you want to have a muted colour palette or some things that "bounce" in the space - I am a great fan of grey and have used it with great results when combining it with copper, cream or barn red.

I have never posted images here but will see how I go .... note though that ALL my work is for homes built or styled between the 18th and early 20th centuries, so may not be relevant to modern decor. Please forgive their poor quality ... they were only taken for information
1 Like   May 5, 2013 at 6:47PM
Steve A
This is a more recent job I am working on now - also incorporating grey in the palette - hope this is at least a little helpful. Though I am in Australia, the paint finish is also available for sale in California I believe - PORTER'S PAINT is the name - I have no association other than as a user of their products.
0 Likes   May 5, 2013 at 6:50PM
Steve A
Just went out to the shed to see the name of the colour - The finish is called WHITE RHINO
0 Likes   May 5, 2013 at 6:51PM
If that is a relief tile is should make great shadows with up lighting or downlighting.i would focus on making it the feature rather than aging too many competing elements. Keep the sink simple and white. Add a designer type. Think axor Starck. And you have the makings of a dramatic bathroom. If you want to change up or add colour use your hand towels and accents
0 Likes   May 5, 2013 at 8:52PM
yvonnecmartin
I agree stick with white for the fixtures and add color accents in the things that are easily changed.
0 Likes   May 5, 2013 at 8:57PM
aichoucha
I wanted to use marble sink, I have pictured these colors from the store
0 Likes   May 6, 2013 at 3:50AM
aichoucha
More colors...
1 Like   May 6, 2013 at 3:51AM
The top one is my favourite (because I use it as well). However, is this a guest powder room? The stone is quite porous and may have white marks over time. I don't particularly mind because that I love products that age - they become unique.
If you were to have a sink made - that would be the one (with the proviso I offered)
0 Likes   May 6, 2013 at 5:09AM
A Crew of Two
Details will keep it from being boring and flat.That extra special drawer pull, light fixture, towels etc. Do you have a vanity chosen yet? Raveninside Interior Design Girl's Bath Dyna Bathrooms Greenbrae, CA
0 Likes   May 6, 2013 at 5:46AM
aichoucha
Hi,

Would this red marble look good as a sink for this wall?
1 Like   May 13, 2013 at 12:36PM
Genevieve
White, with white you never go wrong
then buy some coloured towels to give it a punch ,you can introduce any colour with grey .
0 Likes   May 13, 2013 at 12:53PM
aichoucha
What do u mean? Better use a white marble?
0 Likes   May 13, 2013 at 12:54PM
Genevieve
White, with white you never go wrong
[houzz=Master Bathroom]

grey or white or black but no red

[houzz=Spanish Machael Grey and White marble]
1 Like   May 13, 2013 at 12:55PM
aichoucha
I finally used the grey tiles on top with a very dark grey porcelain and I m wondering what color to use for the countertop.
I couldn't upload a video so I found this picture to give u an idea
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:21PM
grannythedecorator
We've just finished our kids bathroom in grey's/tans/white/blue and just love it....if you have enough lighter colours it will help to balance the amount of grey that you have....the blue we used is from Lowe's, valspar, colour is "Morning Fog"....have fun
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:46PM
Steve A
Great job. If you were to add a vessel style sink you could flow the grey into the benchtop then use one or a pair of beautiful Mexican talavera sinks coupled with nickel faucets.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 5:59PM
Steve A
Alternately, you could opt for say, white 20mm caesarstone with oval undermounted sink/s in white. Add nice bright chrome mixer/s possibly placed asymmetrically with an unframed mirror and a pair of chrome wall lights and you would have yourself a stunning room. Of course, this is just my early morning musings and worth precisely what you paid for them - your project is looking great. Well done!

:)
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:11PM
jiangmeidesign
I'd use soft white vanity cabinet and white marble countertop like the fourth pic (bottom right coner of the first 4). Add subtle sage or blue color with shower curtain towels, and maybe a little yellow to light it up.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:25PM
EOS Surfaces LLC
What about using a grey countertop like this St. Lawrence Recycled Glass Countertop. Then, to add color to the room, a red would look great! Especially with a white sink!

Also, this Red Rocks countertop would look good with a grey backsplash!
0 Likes   June 12, 2013 at 8:11AM
Need help with my kitchen
How do I find a contractor that sells used countertops?...
Want beachy without overt nautical, shells, coral...you get it. :)
I'm from Michigan (where we also live), and love the...
Help me choose? Curtain for door?
I love my door in my kitchen because it makes the kitchen...
Need help with cabinet colour and flooring complimentary goal
My husband is wanting a richer maple cabinet colour...
tile
how long dose it take to in stall a tile back splash??...