Let's talk...throw pillows!
Lauren Kramer - DesignerMay 6, 2013
Throw Pillows: What do you all think, necessary or purely decorative, as "Along Came Polly" movie fans may fondly remember. (Check out the entertaining photo from the movie I posted below, which is sooo funny for those who haven't seen it, you might want to redbox it ASAP :) So, what are your thoughts?
This was an epiphany in my home decorating. I now use this as the example of why we don't want 5,000 pillows on a bed! I have two big, two small (all used each night) and then add two more for the day.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 8:47AM
Lauren Kramer - Designer
That sounds like a good amount! I personally have four (2 big and 2 small) on my leather sectional and will maybe/probably get 2 more maximum. But, thanks for commenting! I'm sure many people have the same thought process with this, so I'm glad to hear how you worked it out!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 8:56AM
armygirl1987
I have a big one on my sofa and four small one. I had six on bed and have gone down to 4, it was just hard to sleep without throwing 2 on the floor.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:19PM
They're not my favorite! Yes, they look great but when I visit someone who has throw pillows on their sofas, what do I do with them? You can't really 'throw' them, right? I think they're both decorative and annoying. I have one on my sofa and three on the bed.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:47AM
kimdee24
There are ten (!) pillows on my bed. Two euro shams, two regular shams, two decorative pillows and the four that stay on the bed at night. It's nuts. Looks nice when it's made, but... yeah. I don't know how to pare it down! It is "pillow hell."
3 Likes    Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 9:02AM
armygirl1987
Omg Kimdee24, ten, ten, ten.
    Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 9:31AM
nasmijati
I like decorative pillows as decoration, and like to see them displayed where they will not be annoying to someone sitting on furniture. I have two highly embroidered pillows displayed to hide the end of an ugly credenza.

All my other throw pillows are functional (plain or fancy). They are tucked away within reach of every sitting and sleeping place for the comfort of the person using the furniture.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:12PM
Lauren Kramer - Designer
I'm so excited to see that my comment sparked an actual discussion! I actually just bought a few (3- See photo attached) for my bed which had none and it really does look nice, but they're white and the front one has beading on it so I will have to be extra careful, which is not necessarily my strong-suit, but basically I won't be throwing these throw pillow :P. Thank you all again for your comments!

(P.S. Please ignore the monkey stuffed animal my dear boyfriend got me when I was sick, it's too sentimental to remove from my adult bed spread just yet)
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 1:40PM
The monkey is adorable!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 1:53PM
Lauren Kramer - Designer
haha thank you! he really is a cute accessory and he coordinates with the colors of the room too!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 3:28PM
Linda
Cute and coordinated with the room colors...is that describing just the monkey or the boyfriend too?
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 8:05PM
armygirl1987
Those are nice
    Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 6:42AM
Lauren Kramer - Designer
@Linda haha good question! Thanks to my disposition and extreme enthusiasm, they all must coincide! :P and thank you for saying that! @Angela Pascoe
1 Like    Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 12:54PM
Door curtain???
I have posted before about this and still have yet...
raebella
Sola tube in metal roof
Thinking of putting sola tubes in my walk in closet...
chi s
Need help for my new bathroom for basement renovation
I want to have a modern, clean look in my new bathroom...
xtinnie
Color help please a Sap!
We are painting our living room and eating area the...
stacybaier
Need help with tiles in a 1/2 bathroom reno
Hi!! I am stuck on which tiles to use in my bathroom...
scerrir