Master bedroom color
ashleyjeanneMay 6, 2013
We just bought our first house and are in desperate need of color selection help. I was thinking maybe a warm beige or greige. We also like greens too. I just have no idea how the room would look because its such a blank canvas and the floors are so rich in color. I would love any suggestions!
InteriorDesignToGo.com
Hi Ashley, The floors are beautiful, love the oak grain with the rich stain. Since you have these small windows I would not go with a color that has gray undertones, I would consider a clear color. I think that would also be best to compliment your beautiful flooring. Since you can go in just about any direction let's start with the colors that YOU look best in. What colors of clothing do you get the most compliments on? What colors make you feel fantastic when you wear them? ~Cherie
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 11:33AM
patricia1971
Put together a look book on houzz. Look at them all and decide what you've leaning towards- then do it! While grey/ beige can be great, it's also really safe. Don't be afraid of color. You have a lot if angles, so make sure to try your colors on each wall. One last thing, pick out your headboard, curtains and rug first. You can always repaint the walls. Good luck!
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 11:40AM
ashleyjeanne
We're very earth friendly so we absolutely love earthy neutrals. I have so many pictures in my houzz look book, but I do tend to go very safe. It's just so confusing with paint because I want it to be relaxing but not boring.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 11:52AM
studio10001
Paint color, being the easiest thing to match to other items in a room, is generally the thing you want to choose last. I'd suggest choosing bedding and carpet first, and let that dictate the walls and window treatments.
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:02PM
patricia1971
I'm not a pro, but love this kind of conversation. I think I would try to decide where to get my color and my "calm", since its a bedroom you want some tranquility. Either calm goes on your walls or into your bedcovers, curtains etc.. One thing I am is an artist, and every color is in nature. You could have orange, yellow, pink or green on your walls, then calm it down with everything else. Some of my faves... (The last one is mine)
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:03PM
nasmijati
It is much easier to select your bed covering first. Choose a color from that. Paint color can be matched to anything.

What colors do you consider "relaxing?" Look for these colors in your bedding and other items for the room.

Best wishes.
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:05PM
ashleyjeanne
Our bedding is mostly beige with brown and black, and black swirl designs. It has a sparkly sheen to the material.
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:12PM
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:19PM
nasmijati
Art is also an excellent choice for inspiration when choosing a paint color for a room. :)
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 1:48PM
I have two favorite colors for bedrooms...one light and one dark, both B M: alexandria beige (I have in our master) and silken pine.

Custom Dream Home Built for a Family of 7

Dallas, Texas
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 1:51PM
Keitha
Your room has so much character already with the interesting lines of the ceiling and beautiful floors. These wall colors would be very nice with those floors! Good luck!
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 2:30PM
sherry2525
I would pick a color from the bedspread, especially if it is new and expensive. If it is old and cheap, do nothing until you can get something great - think Ralph Lauren on eBay.
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 3:05PM
Nancy Walton
AshleyJeanne, You don't say what part of the world you're from, but consider the climate when choosing a color for your attic bedroom. If you're in a northern climate where winters are cold, and summers are overcast, choose a warm beige, otherwise you will feel cold in your bedroom year 'round. If you are in a warm climate, where the sun is out most of the time, choose a cooler color, and you won't feel too hot in your bedroom. Above all, whichever tone you choose, go light, otherwise, you will feel the walls closing in on you and the room will feel "cave like."
    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 3:19PM
Master bedroom color palette suggestions to hide oak furniture
I would like to redo our master but we're stuck with...
kfrickleo
Need help with master bedroom colors
I have an old house built in the 1920s. Actually my...
dblck726
Master bedroom colors idea
Please help... I need wall color paint adea, maybe...
mpogo
master bedroom color
Is Angelica AF-665 Benjamin Moore too purple/nursery...
moniczka55
Master bedroom color scheme
I bought this upholstered bed not realizing how much...
jamieovlia
living room set up
hi I have a blank slate for my living room...I really...
shafmay
best floor for shower floor? Hate cleaning grout so no tile.
currently have a fiberglass pan 47 X 46. ugly! We...
tonimccrary
Opps! Backsplash too dark!
I wanted some "pop" to my kitchen and installed a multi-colored...
Elaine
Help Placing Furniture In Master Bedroom
I want to buy furniture, decorate our master bedroom...
lamujerdegary
Need help on my tiles
So here's my dilemma . I'm not sure if I should keep...
bobpin18