Color Crazy
Kekoa Davidson
May 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The orange is in my kitchen and the blue gray is the living/dining room. How can I transition the colors better (refer to picture where colors meet)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
Blue gray accessories in the kitchen and orange in the living room, plus art with both colors.
May 6, 2013 at 8:18pm     
PRO
Interior Style Solutions
Maybe change the light fitting?
May 6, 2013 at 8:37pm     
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
...like this:
May 6, 2013 at 9:05pm     
PRO
KShoa
Love the colors! I agree, you can use art and accessories to blend them together. Check out my work to see if anything works for you. I can customize my canvas prints to your size, and I have originals that match your decor.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/katshoa

Have fun decorating!
May 6, 2013 at 9:45pm     
PRO
ASVInteriors
Actually I think the ivory serves as a great compromise - bring in accents from both sides and I believe it works.
May 6, 2013 at 10:24pm   
PRO
HERE Design and Architecture
I don't see a problem. Would probably need to see the space furnished, but, so far, I like the colors.
May 6, 2013 at 11:19pm   
PRO
LWK Kitchens London
I really like the artwork suggestions you have received but aside from this please see the image below for an idea for furniture; wood tones and lighting effects work well to compliment the grey and orange colour (I am unsure if you already have furniture but hope this helps).
May 7, 2013 at 2:53am     
Kekoa Davidson
@Barnhart Gallery: that puts the color junction into a much better, perceived aspect for me. Brilliant it is how you overlapped the images to identify the rooms potential. I feel much more at ease with your suggestions towards the opportunities I have. Mahalo.
May 7, 2013 at 9:10am     
Kekoa Davidson
Once the carpet and painting is complete I will furnish the house with complementary furniture. Thank you a for your ideas. You just took an island boys intransigence towards his current color dilemma and made home excited once again!!! Kudos to each post.
May 7, 2013 at 9:15am     
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
Happy you're feeling positive Kekoa; it will be a vibrant space when you have it all together.

(And it doesn't have to be King Kong, lol, just showing you something orange against the grey. Although I have to say, I do love the old b&w print of the elephant against the orange. Choose what you love in the appropriate colors and you can't go wrong.)
May 7, 2013 at 11:17am   
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
Great colors! I love when people aren't afraid to put color on the walls! I love the accessories Barnhart supplied, he gets my vote :)
May 8, 2013 at 5:19am     
jirvine
I put similar colors (salsa dancing- BM and almost charcoal - Valspar) in my eat in kitchen that opens to LR and hall. We added Black walnut hardwood and painted LR Ghost Ship Grey-Valspar. It is a very light/white/ grey to go with the charcoal that meets the hall and LR. This area faces north, so we wanted light. Hoping to be finished this week and will add pictures.
May 8, 2013 at 6:29am     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I love your two walls and like very much the idea of adding artwork and accessories in the opposite color in each space.
May 8, 2013 at 2:01pm   
petadesign
I have a trick I haven't seen anyone use before and it is very simple, stylish and cheap if wanting to bring some natural timber into the wall joints, blend two colour walls subtly or break up a "white box room" subtly. Purchase some timber diamond/triangular shaped quad (any width you like - best not too heavy), stain and lacquer it for natural timber finish or paint it any colour you like 'eg dark charcoal, grey/blue metalic to catch light or tie metal elements etc), cut to size between cornice and skirt, then recommend bluetack for adhesive to wall or light nail top and bottom if wanting permanent. Brings a very "polished" finished joint to any two colour walls or single colour walls, takes the hassle out of edging corners especially if you like re-painting the one main feature wall colour every few months, great for bringing floor colour up walls, framing main timber furniture in a multi coloured or single coloured room etc....highly recommend trying this easy, so many wonderful effects achievable - small and cheap detail but highly effective!
May 8, 2013 at 6:40pm