Stair runner
Sheila
We recently had hardwoor floors installed, including the stairs. The staircase has raised some issues. I really like the look, but 1) the wood is taking a beating and 2) the suckers are slippery! :-) I think a runner would add some style to the area, and maybe save a life or two. Does anyone have some advice, pros and cons? Also, the store rep recommended wrapping the runner under the nose of the last tread and stopping it there, rather than going down to the floor. I haven't seen many examples of that installation, and I don't really like the few I have seen. Thoughts?
need photo(s).
May 7, 2013 at 7:54am   
Sheila
ok, here's a pic of the staircase. I don't have a picture of the carpet I'm thinking of using, but I'll try to attach one that's very similar. Traditional Entry by New York Interior Designer Kim E Courtney Interiors & Design Inc
May 7, 2013 at 1:50pm   
Sheila
Can't get the carpet picture attached. It's a medium brown geometric, not too busy looking. You can see in the picture of the steps that theres a piece of molding at the very bottom where it meets the floor. The rep seemed to think that bringing the runner behind the molding will leave a space on the sides (we're leaving about 4" of wood exposed on either end.) So, she wants to stop it just under the nose of the bottom stair.
May 7, 2013 at 1:54pm   
Sheila
Oh, think I've got it! Here's a close example of carpet runner I'm considering. Thanks for any advice.
May 7, 2013 at 2:00pm   
Should i keep my front door the same color or change it?
I recently painted my front door and I'm unsure about...
Need Help Combining Dining and Living Rooms - NYC Apartment
My wife and I need to combine our dining room and living...
Need to reconfigure front porch - would love some ideas
Our front porch is as it was upon purchase of this...
Need help selecting wall to wall carpet for my living room!
Carpet needs to be replaced! Already 10 years old &...
Need suggestions for exterior of ranch house
Planning to paint exterior and add some craftsman elements...