Lovely Space!

2mch2duMay 7, 2013
Can you please tell me the name of the island countertop and color?
Forest Hills Residence - Kitchen · More Info
Beckwith Interiors
The countertop is a Silestone product in the color Tigris Sand. We loved the consistency and durability offered from a quartz product for this active family. Thank you for your interest!
    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 7:29AM
2mch2du
Thank you so much. The wood floors are gorgeous. Unfortunately, I am working with versaille pattern travertine floors. Do you think the Tigris sand would work on my countertop with dark stained wood?
    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 8:36AM
Beckwith Interiors
You are very welcome! Versaille patterned travertine floors are definitely not unfortunate :) Sounds beautiful and if you have darker stained cabinets all around, they will serve as the depth you would need to not have everything washed out and beige. The Tigris Sand in person actually has more depth to it than what shows up in a photo. It overall reads as a neutral but has small bits of white and a darker taupe color. A subtle beauty.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 9:17AM
2mch2du
Thank you so much! I've been trying to go with lighter cabinets as I don't have any natural light and my kitchen is somewhat smaller. Do you think darker cabinets on perimeter and island will lend itself to the Tuscan look (I'm trying to be timeless and don't want to have that 2000 - Tuscan kitchen nobody will want in a few years. I do love the look of the darker cabinets with travertine though.
    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 10:56AM
Beckwith Interiors
In my opinion, as long as your cabinet style stays clean without heavy distressing and no other architectural features in the space, including lighting, read as Tuscan you should be free from any sort of trend that might cause the space to look dated years from now. Also, without seeing the space, it is difficult to get too specific with my advice, but something to think about is the option of adding a silver in to the space such as polished or satin nickel. Bringing this finish in on the hardware or plumbing fixtures would also help from feeling too "old world". Glad to be of help!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 12:32PM
2mch2du
Thank you so much! I feel like I can finally move forward with my design now that I don't feel tied to white or off white cabinets (although I do love them). Here is a sample of the hardware I am considering along with the darker finish. simple backsplash and inset cabinets (probably more shaker style though. Thank you again!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 1:15PM
Beckwith Interiors
You are very welcome and from the looks of the photos below you are well on your way to a beautiful, timeless kitchen. I wish you the best of luck and again am very glad to help you get your project underway!
    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:17PM
Wine Bar For My Living Room
Hi Everyone, I've gotten so many ideas from all the...
dezinewbie
Bedroom/Bathroom Redecorate ideas Needed!
Need to paint bedroom and bathroom....want to use leopard...
maryb56
Starting from scratch
Hi, my first post! We have a new build house and a...
emmauk
dirty carpets
can I put a rug over a carpet to hide the bad carpet...
kajobr
Help with kitchen please!
Any ideas?? Colors? Not painting cabinets but need...
miller30