Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2mch2du

Lovely Space!

2mch2du
10 years ago
Can you please tell me the name of the island countertop and color?
Forest Hills Residence - Kitchen · More Info

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Beckwith Interiors
    10 years ago
    The countertop is a Silestone product in the color Tigris Sand. We loved the consistency and durability offered from a quartz product for this active family. Thank you for your interest!
  • 2mch2du
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much. The wood floors are gorgeous. Unfortunately, I am working with versaille pattern travertine floors. Do you think the Tigris sand would work on my countertop with dark stained wood?
  • 2mch2du
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much! I've been trying to go with lighter cabinets as I don't have any natural light and my kitchen is somewhat smaller. Do you think darker cabinets on perimeter and island will lend itself to the Tuscan look (I'm trying to be timeless and don't want to have that 2000 - Tuscan kitchen nobody will want in a few years. I do love the look of the darker cabinets with travertine though.
  • PRO
    Beckwith Interiors
    10 years ago
    In my opinion, as long as your cabinet style stays clean without heavy distressing and no other architectural features in the space, including lighting, read as Tuscan you should be free from any sort of trend that might cause the space to look dated years from now. Also, without seeing the space, it is difficult to get too specific with my advice, but something to think about is the option of adding a silver in to the space such as polished or satin nickel. Bringing this finish in on the hardware or plumbing fixtures would also help from feeling too "old world". Glad to be of help!
  • 2mch2du
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much! I feel like I can finally move forward with my design now that I don't feel tied to white or off white cabinets (although I do love them). Here is a sample of the hardware I am considering along with the darker finish. simple backsplash and inset cabinets (probably more shaker style though. Thank you again!
  • PRO
    Beckwith Interiors
    10 years ago
    You are very welcome and from the looks of the photos below you are well on your way to a beautiful, timeless kitchen. I wish you the best of luck and again am very glad to help you get your project underway!