August 7, 2011 in Photo Questions
How are the bookshelves attached to the wall? They seem to float out into space.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Laidlaw Schultz architects
The shelves were actually custom made with an upturned leg in the back which is bolted to the wall. The upturned leg is then concealed to give the shelves the feeling of floating effortlessly.
4 Likes   August 8, 2011 at 5:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
What's a upturned leg?
2 Likes   March 7, 2012 at 4:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I think they mean an L bracket
2 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 6:50PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
wood piece with original architect's signature in 100+ year old home
After demoing very steep stairs to my attic, we came...
Need Help: Raised Panel vs Shaker for White Kitchen Cabinet
I need to choose between Shaker vs Raised panell Styles...
What do I do with basement wood paneling?
We recently moved into our new home and need to figure...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
what to do with the panelling .
white trim and doors, hot cocos on the walls. but,...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™