Suggestions on patio / courtyard
mendys
I recently purchased the house I've been living in for several years. I had the wall pulled down that was enclosing the patio area and had the separate covered patio removed. I'm in zone 9, and this part of the yard faces nearly due north. There are windows that open to the patio from the living room. There is a door from the kitchen onto the patio area.

I have a fairly large-ish picnic bench (6-seater), adirondack chair, fire pit, BBQ and a large vase type water fountain I would like to incorporate somehow. The covered patio portion is roughly 18 1/2' L x 10' D. The courtyard area is roughly 32' square.

Budget is a huge factor. I can afford a lower-end tile on the covered patio portion, and maybe a mulch/decomposed granite pathway or two plus plants but that is about it. My remodeling budget is going towards the inside of the house. Style-wise I trend towards Asian and prefer plants that can be cooked with or are beneficial, not just decorative.

Please excuse the mess. This is still a work in progress.
OnePlan
Hi
It's a bit tricky to see the layout from here - ie where one area is in relation to the other area.... Can you ad a rough sketch to help ?!?! Looks like an idea place for an outside kitchen and dinning area on one patch and lounge area with fire pit on the other perhaps ?!
May 8, 2013 at 10:41PM   
Need help for my courtyard patio
Hi all- desperately seeking ideas and help for my courtyard....
Small courtyard patio needs to be kid friendly
Buying new construction in San Diego and the courtyard/patio...
Need HELP with covered front patio/courtyard
New homeowner here and need help with a possible redesign/remodel...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
Bathroom sconces suggestion
The bathroom is new and needs curtains and lighting....
Help! Wires covered by metal encasement along the wall
Hi, I just bought a major fixer upper and several...
Island choice kitchen / dining room combo???
We are doing white shaker built in cabinets, honed...