Pool furniture design issue: pics attached
abundance56
I have a massive 100 ft x 30 ft, (deep with diving board) screened in pool, with only moderate room on the edge for pool furniture. I love plants and want them there also. But I can't seem to get a cohesive design. I am eclectic by design; but somehow on my pool deck, that makes things feel "chopped up".

Currently I have metal and wood furniture on pool deck, with umbrellas. How do I get a cohesive look? (I also have to have two storage chests for pool chemicals, and lounge cushions)
How do I get a cohesive, cozy, and zen look?
HERE Design and Architecture
As I see it, the difficulty proceeds mostly from the fact that each item is a separate object. If you want it to be cohesive, you might try making a continuous line of teak box, part of which is pool chem storage, part is bench, part is planter (check with somebody about protecting the teak from the pool chemicals). If you are going for zen, I think you may need to remove the furnishings with the curly metal detailing in favor of something simple and rectilinear. Finally, I would use a color or at least some significant variation in tone and a lot more planting.
May 9, 2013 at 8:25am   
OnePlan
Ooooh I like that idea ! Simple and sleek ! great thinking HERE Design and Architecture ! Continuing that theme I guess pair down and thin out the existing furniture and keep with the teak box theme for seating, sun lounger and planters - that would be very minimalist especially if they are interchangeable ?!
May 9, 2013 at 8:42am     
For your furniture I think you have too much going on - so go sleeker
Residential home
Classical Shingle

I think you can work horizontally and vertically for your planting. I agree with HERE for their excellent idea of making a continuous line of the teak box - turn it into benches, planter and hidden pool equipment.

Then on the other side create teak towers and planters that allow for more than one plant at differing heights. This can take the form of something like this: http://www.backyard-gardening-fun.com/strawberry-tower.html
or even a series of shelves that come out at different angles on which to place your plants.
May 9, 2013 at 9:36am   
Pool furniture design issue
I have a massive 100 ft x 30 ft, (deep with diving...
Pool Deck Repair - See Attached Pics
We bought our first house (40 year old) in Dallas ,...
Need some advice about design (please disregard furniture in pics, the
I am an owner of this 725 sq. foot condo unit. I am...
Bath vanity wall issue pics
Pics of current 48 inch vanity. Going to extend wall...
How to combine brick and stone on exterior siding...
We're considering replacing the vinyl siding that's...
Skylights vs Sun tunnels in kitchen ?!!!
Narrow kitchen with minimal natural light. Should I...
Walk-in shower glass partition
I'm having the hardest time finding a ready made frameless...
Roof height with exposed trusses 2.5 or 3
Worried about our roof height of 3m with exposed trusses....
Yikes! Where do I begin with this Kitchen? Needs an update!
Any suggestions on how to update my kitchen? I would...