Need to paint kitchen
beckyjoswa
Want to paint kitchen, cabinets are a country green. ...any ideas?
Positive Outlook Organizing
If leaving the cabinets the green, then you can actually change the appearance by staining decorative wood trim a rich walnut or mahogany and placing it at the top and bottom of your ceiling--keeping it within the country feel.

Otherwise, I would create a travertine look by sponging layers or greens, turquoise, and brown over each other.
May 9, 2013 at 11:28am     
Barbara Griffith Designs
You actually have a lot of choices..a much lighter shade of the cabinet color,muted yellows/golds, even blues. But I would not paint it too dark..and I would not do a paint "treatment". Your space, however, screams for color accents to give it some life. Maybe multi colored glass on pendants, a patterned, colorful, Roman shade on the window. Cannot see rest of room, but large artwork with color. If space above cabinets just a few large items with color. A stripe or strie such as this wallpaper from Thibaut http://www.thibautdesign.com/collection/old_collection.php?patternID=330&productID=2227&material=Wallpaper&colorID=5

The room needs patterns & prints.
May 9, 2013 at 12:01pm     
beckyjoswa
Thank you, just bought the house,and move in last week...going crazy and want to paint the entire house!
May 9, 2013 at 6:52pm   
Barbara Griffith Designs
Remember to ALWAYS choose your wall paint colors last. Move in add or change any furniture & rugs & drapery, tile, flooring..then choose your paint colors. It will be easier and you will be much happier..there are thousands of paint shades and only a few pieces of furniture, fabric, etc. that you will really like. Many people make the mistake of doing this process backwards...it adds lots of frustration and money. My best to you.
May 10, 2013 at 5:45am     
Are you a big fan of glamping or camping?
I'm not a camping fan at all. I can't stand not knowing...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Front door colour
I'm stuck with these house colours for awhile. Soft...
Change paint color?
My kitchen has been this color since we moved in 12...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...